Requiem Fear fest 2017 : 16 September 2017
The Requiem FearFest aims to be Montreal’s premier horror convention for the second year in a row. We will provide a venue for fans and creators alike to celebrate all things horror.
The Requiem FearFest will bring together fans, retailers, guest speakers and, of course, celebrities. The convention will feature panels and Q&As featuring experts and filmmakers, as well as autograph signings and special screenings.
In addition to presentations of featured films, Requiem will include a film festival celebrating independent horror filmmaking from artists just down the street and across the globe.
If you’re a filmmaker with a horror film to present, be sure to visit our submission guidelines before sending in your masterpiece!
Awards & Prizes
- Best Feature Film
- Best Director (in a feature film)
- Best Actor/Actress (in a feature film)
- Best Short Film
- Best Director (in a short film)
- Best Actor/Actress (in a short film)
Rules & Terms
- Movies submitted must have some sort of horror elements to be considered for our program. We accept Sci-Fi, documentaries, comedies, experimental, animation, dramas, ect. as long as they are in the horror genre
- Entries can only be submitted via an online source, such as vimeo.
Hard-copies will not be considered
- Any films not accepted for the March 18 screenings will automatically be in consideration for the May & September event.
- Screening formats are , Blu-Ray , DVD or Vimeo File. .
Please make sure your disc is compatible with standard DVD or Blu-ray players before mailing to us. All films submitted should be on a single DVD disc (NTSC). We can also download your film via VIMEO and screen it via a computer. *Quicktime Digital file: H264 or ProRes – We would like files under 4G if possible.
- Filmmakers must deliver final format for festival screenings by September 1st. No exceptions will be permitted!. Back up DVD or BLURAY must be included!!!
- Premiere status will be one of the factors considered when determining a films inclusion (world, North-America, Canadian, Montreal Premiere)
- All prints must be picked up after the screening and signed for by the filmmaker. If you attend the festival and do not pick up your print, you will be responsible for shipping.
- Foreign language films MUST be dubbed or subtitled in English or the film will not be accepted.
- Filmmakers that are accepted into the festival will receive 2 Passes into the festival.
- Programming decisions are made by the festival directors and our selection committee. If accepted, we will notify filmmakers by email. Be sure to indicate aspect ratio of your film/video as well as any other special screening/presentation information we might need to know.
- Cost of shipping exhibition prints to the festival is the responsibility of the entrant. Exhibition copies must be sent to the festival prepaid. The festival can not accept responsibility for damage or loss of materials while in transit. Please use as little packaging material as possible to cut down on trash.
- All entries selected grant the Festival the right to use audio, video, and still images for promotional materials. The Festival will request artwork or promotional material for use on the website once the film is accepted to screen.
*Entry does not guarantee placement in the program. However, each submission will be carefully considered.*
** ENTRY FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE **
***WE DO NOT PAY RENTAL FEES FOR SUBMITTED WORK THAT IS PROGRAMMED. ***
I, the undersigned, represent and warrant that I have full legal right ant authority to submit heretofore mentioned film/video project for consideration by The Montreal Requiem FearFest, and that all necessary consents, licensing and approvals have been obtained with respect thereto. I agree to hold The Montreal Requiem FearFest and its sponsors harmless is ant and all matters pertaining to the consents, licenses, and approvals of heretofore film/video project. I understand that my submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into The Montreal Requiem FearFest. No one from The Montreal Requiem FearFest or its sponsors has guaranteed me admission into the festival. I, the undersigned, have read the terms and conditions appearing on the The Montreal Requiem FearFest web site, and agree, without exception, to all the terms and conditions stated,