The Philadelphia Film Awards, May 16- 20, 2018 is an annual five day event featuring screenings of foreign, domestic, and local films as well as web series, music videos, LGBTQ films, documentaries, screenplays and our special Tri State Short Film category.
For the past two years, the Philadelphia Film Awards has grown to become an important event throughout Philadelphia as well as a significant part of the independent film industry as a whole. Our programming focuses solely on independent films.
The awards screens nominated films, music videos and web series over four days and will be combined with events including networking mixers, the Red Carpet Awards Gala and our Closing Night Party.
Awards & Prizes
Best Picture Award Domestic.
Best Documentary Award.
Best Short Film Award.
Best Student Film Award.
Best LGBTQ Award.
Tri State Film Award.
Best Web Series Award.
Best Picture Award Foreign.
Best Screenplay Award.
Best Animated Film.
Best Feature winner will be screened by Leomark Studios for possible distribution.
Rules & Terms
Films both domestic and foreign must be shot in High Definition. Foreign entries must be in English, subtitled in English or dubbed in English.
1. Feature films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
2. Foreign Films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
3 Documentaries up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
4. Short films 30 minutes or less including credits will be accepted.
5. Short narrative films from 30 to 45 minutes including credits will be accepted.
6. Student films up to 20 minutes including credits will be accepted.
To qualify for the Tri State Short Film category fifty percent or more of your film
must be shot in the Tri State area.
7. LGTBQ feature films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
8. Animated films up to 30 minutes, including credits will be accepted.
9. Screenplays up to 120 pages will be accepted.
10. Web series entrants may submit two original episodes of your series for consideration (as one file). Each episode must be no more than 15 minutes, all genres accepted: animation, drama, comedy, documentary style, reality based.
11. Music videos will be a maximum of ten minutes in length including credits.
Your film, screenplay and music video must be copy written and must be the sole property of the submitter. Films made after 2013 will be accepted. If your film is selected for screening and nomination, upon being contacted you will be required to send a brief bio, press kit and TWO DVD copies of your film. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FILES, it must be an HD or Blu Ray film which is screening ready. Nominated films will be screened exclusively in a theater venue. There will be no online screenings. We do not accept stageplays. Thank you.
Response from festival:
Wow! Thank you! It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for deciding to spend the entire day with us and attend our mixer. This is all about the indie filmmaker and we want it to be an atmosphere where we can see some amazing films, network and just have a great time and leave with a good feeling. Hope to see more of your work in the future!