The Philadelphia Independent Film Awards happening May 16th through May 20th at the International House Philadelphia was created to recognize the excellence and diversity of the independent filmmaker and to tap into the vast array of diversity and talent the indie filmmaker has to offer. As we enter our third year our mission to enhance and bring to light the image of Philadelphia as an independent filmmakers town by rewarding the best of the best in Independent cinema has become even stronger. We want to recognize the wide range, scope and diversity of indie films in the genre's of Drama, Comedy, Horror, LGBT , Sci FI, Documentaries, Student films, Web Series and our Tri State Breakout Film Award for the best short film coming out of the Tri State area. Nominated films will be screened beginning May 16th until May 19th. The award show will be held May 20th, 2018. WE DO NOT EXTEND FEE WAIVERS
Awards & Prizes
Winners will receive the Philadelphia Independent Film Award and a one year digital subscription to MovieMaker Magazine. Other prizes to be announced at a later date.
Rules & Terms
Films both domestic and foreign must be shot in High Definition. International entries must be in English, subtitled in English or dubbed in English.
1. Feature films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
2. International Films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
3 Documentaries up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
4. Short films 30 minutes or less including credits will be accepted.
5. Short narrative films from 30 to 45 minutes including credits will be accepted.
6. Student films up to 20 minutes including credits will be accepted.
To qualify for the Tri State Short Film category fifty percent or more of your film must be shot in the Tri State area.
7. LGTBQ feature films up to 120 minutes including credits will be accepted.
8. Animated films up to 30 minutes, including credits will be accepted.
9. Screenplays up to 120 pages will be accepted.
10. Web series entrants may submit two original episodes of your series for consideration (as one file). Each episode must be no more than 15 minutes, all genres accepted: animation, drama, comedy, documentary style, reality based.
Your film and screenplay must be copy written and must be the sole property of the submitter. Films made after 2013 will be accepted. If your film is selected for screening and nomination, upon being contacted you will be required to send a brief bio, press kit and TWO DVD copies of your film. WE DO NOT ACCEPT FILES, it must be an HD or Blu Ray film which is screening ready. Nominated films will be screened exclusively in a theater venue. There will be no online screenings. We do not accept stageplays. Thank you.
Response from festival:
Wow! Thank you! It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you for deciding to spend the entire day with us and attend our mixer. This is all about the indie filmmaker and we want it to be an atmosphere where we can see some amazing films, network and just have a great time and leave with a good feeling. Hope to see more of your work in the future!