OutlantaCon has been around for 9 years and has seen a steady increase of attendance. With the growing local film industry we have decided to reach out to filmmakers who share with us a common ground and help showcase their work. This will be our second film festival but we plan to make it a memorable annual event. Our audiences last year were receptive and engaged. We've included panel discussions, filmmaker Q&A as well as guest speakers from the Atlanta Film community. You'll also find fun events all weekend long to attend between screenings.
In Our Image Productions llc presents: OutlantaCon Short Film Festival
While there is no specific type of film we are looking for our festival is geared towards the “Geek” and LGBTQ community. The festival is for people who are not only coming to watch films but engage in discussion on issues relating to film, fandom and LGBTQ issues around the globe. Visitors, on a lighter note, also have the possibility to meet convention guests and directors behind the films, engaging with known figures in our community who have been in attendance and participating in panel discussions.
If you are a filmmaker and would like to be a part of our film festival in Atlanta, Georgia then please submit your work for our consideration.
Outlantacon is an Atlanta-based event for the Queer Geek audience! You'll find all the usual convention fare here, the difference is that it all has a queer 'bent' to it. Here you can enjoy all the convention trappings in an atmosphere where you're free to be yourself! Let it not be said that this convention is just for LGBT. There are straight people here and there are few more awesome ways to support equal rights than to attend a Convention with such interesting folks.
Awards & Prizes
Best first film
Best Narrative Film
Best Animated Short
Best Production Design
Best Student film
In Our Image Award
Rules & Terms
1. We want you to save money wherever possible so electronic submissions are the best way to get your work to us. We must have a downloadable copy available if you are chosen to screen.
2. Clearly label any electronic submissions with your contact information.
3. Your application will not be eligible for review by our jury until payment of the application fee has been received.
4. If your submission is accepted by our jury, you will be asked to provide a downloadable version of your submission for inclusion in the Film Festival.
5. By submitting you agree to the following terms and conditions:
OutlantaCon and its representatives reserve the right to utilize any submitted materials for the purpose of promoting the OutlantaCon Film Festival. This includes but is not limited to video stills, video excerpts (up to 1 minute or official trailer), and biographical information provided by the applicant.
If your short film is accepted, you agree that your film can be screened at the 2016 OutlantaCon Film Festival determined by the Convention Program Director.