Ottawa Indie Fest is a cultural, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to recognize, promote and celebrate the art of cinema by showcasing independent Canadian films and filmmakers. Our mission is grounded in the belief that Canadian films and filmmakers are distinctive and vital to our country’s culture and the development of the local economy.
We believe in programming and content that provides Ottawa audiences with entertaining and high-quality independent films, information, activities and events.
As part of its commitment to promote the growth of independent Canadian films, Ottawa Indie Fest in partnership with The Ottawa Champions Baseball Club is now accepting submissions for a screening at the Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Baseball Park (RCGT Park) in Ottawa on July 14, 2017.
These Canadian films must also meet the following criteria:
- be no more than 1 minute (60 seconds) in length;
- and be written, directed and/or produced by a Canadian filmmaker.
There are NO waivers to these criteria or for the submission fee.
Ottawa area filmmakers are strongly encouraged to submit their work.
Awards & Prizes
Prizes for selected films to be determined.
Rules & Terms
To be eligible please read all of the criteria, rules and guidelines carefully before making your submission.
- Films submitted must be produced by Canadian filmmakers within the last 3 years (2013 - 2016).
- We will also accept any film completed in 2017 up June 15, 2017
- Minimal dialogue is preferred.
- We can not accept films made by non-Canadian filmmakers for this call for submissions.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- We only accept submission entries digitally through www.filmfreeway.com.
- We do not accept submissions by email or physical submissions sent by mail.
- We are not responsible for improperly functioning on-line screeners or passwords.
- Do not send a press kit or other supporting materials unless asked to do so by the festival.
- Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their film and agree to all terms as detailed herein.
- All film submissions must be family friendly. Depictions of nudity, torture or animal cruelty is not acceptable.
- We reserve the right not to select any submission that we feel is inappropriate for any reason.
- All submissions will be notified of the results of the festival's decision by July 9, 2017.
- If selected for the festival, we can accept DVDs, Blu-rays or electronic files. DNxHD, h.264 or ProRes codecs in mov or mp4 containers are acceptable. Resolutions 1920x1080 or 1280x720.
- Filmmakers must deliver final format as indicated for festival screening. There are no exceptions.
- All film submissions will be assessed based on the criteria and rules and guidelines as described in this call for submissions.
- Submissions may not be withdrawn from the Festival once they have been accepted and you have confirmed its availability.
- The decision of selection committee and festival is final.
- All shipping costs to Ottawa of your screening master must be paid by the participant.
The following information must be included with your submission:
- Film title and year of production,
- A brief synopsis of the film (100 words max.),
- Running time/length of the film Language(s) of film and available subtitles (where relevant),,
- Full name of the filmmaker,
- A brief biography of the filmmaker (100 words max., including province of origin and current residence) and
- Contact information (email address, phone number and complete mailing address).
Terms and Conditions
I as submitter of this entry and the undersigned, acknowledge and agree that:
1. I have read, understand and fully comply with all submission eligibility Rules, Guidelines, Terms and Conditions requirements;
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3. This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival;
5. I hold Ottawa Indie Fest (Ottawa Independent Film Festival) and its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry;
6. I certify that I am the copyright holder of the film and have all necessary rights and clearances to have the film publicly screened by the festival;
7. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work;
8 . I give permission to Ottawa Indie Fest (Ottawa Independent Film Festival) and to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes and
9 . I give permission to Ottawa Indie Fest (Ottawa Independent Film Festival) to screen the film at the festival as well as any other festival presentations, programs, and/or events.