*** NOTE 1 *** we have moved the notification date for accepting submissions for screenings to July 4, 2016, as we have yet to receive all the judges reports.
*** NOTE 2 *** our planned screening venue was purchased by another theatre chain. We are presently reviewing our local theatre screening options.
Accepting submissions from around the globe to create a very entertaining screening event in Canada's Capital City. We aim to entertain the general public and prove short film festivals are a valid source of entertainment. We screen selected submissions in an actual movie theatre in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. We also award cash prizes.
Awards & Prizes
Cash Prizes for First, Second and Third place submissions. (There is a MINIMUM cash prize of $500 for the submission selected as Best Film. Submission fees and theatre admission ticket sales will be put toward the prize pool.)
Rules & Terms
As filmmakers, we understand your desire to get on with the show, however we do need a few rules to help us best utilize the time and energy of the O.D.F.F. team.
These regulations apply to all sections and submissions:
• O.D.F.F. is open to anyone who wishes to enter.
• Please submit as early as possible. Just makes things easier all around.
• The entry fee is non-refundable.
• All films must be in English or with English subtitles.
• A short film of less than 20 minutes running time.
• Please do not submit a film that has previously been considered by the festival.
• All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and it is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker to have cleared all rights and releases for exhibition (including music, audio, images, graphics, trademarked images, etc.)
• Only the submitted version of the film may be considered, and swapping it out for alternate cuts is not possible, so please keep this in mind when deciding when to submit.
• O.D.F.F. is an eco-friendly festival, so to reduce waste and environmental impact films must be submitted digitally.
• If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide digital stills from the film, press materials, head shots and filmographies and video trailer (if available). Please do not submit EPKs or publicity materials when submitting.
• If your film is accepted, you will be solely responsible for delivering your promotional materials to and from the festival venue.
• Once accepted, all student films must provide a copy of the entrants current student ID or student ID from the year the film was made.
• By submitting your film, you grant O.D.F.F. the nonexclusive right to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film, as well as your name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding O.D.F.F. prior to, during, and/or after the festival.
• No materials will be returned under any circumstances. Please DO NOT send film prints, master tapes, primary hard drives, DVD Masters or other irreplaceable original media.
• O.D.F.F. is not responsible for any materials that are lost or damaged.
• The entrant shall release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless O.D.F.F., and its agents, respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors, partners, sponsors, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including, without limitations, attorneys' fees).
• The entrant warrants that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to O.D.F.F.
• By entering, the applicant agrees that all information is true and correct and agrees to all festival rules and guidelines.