Now in our 12th year of showcasing incredible cinema from around the world!
We are proud to call the state-of-the-art Cobb Plaza Cinema Café our home. Twelve beautiful theaters with high-end digital projection located right in the heart of Orlando. All our events take place in or around the theater, which is walking distance from our official festival hotels. Audiences do not just watch quality cinema but also get an immersive experience full of spirited Q & A’s, panel discussions, script reads & fantastic parties. This is the perfect opportunity for filmmakers and screenwriters to directly interact with their audience, as well as others in the industry.
Named one of the top "25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World" by Moviemaker Magazine, we make it our business to take care of our filmmakers. In addition to large appreciative crowds, other perks include impressive discounts at many of the local bars & restaurants, as well as hugely discounted rates at our official festival hotel. On Thursday mornings we offer a filmmaker-only private backlot tour at Universal Studios, which is an eyeopening highlight for those who attend. Our nightly parties have been known to shut down a few bars and our sponsor Stella Artois always takes care of the beer. We also give out over 25 filmmaking and screenwriting awards with some fantastic prizes, including a ShortsHD distribution deal offer for EVERY winning short film!
We've showcased films that have gone on to Academy Nominations and even one that took home the Oscar. We've also been honored with a slew of celebrity guests including Cheryl Hines, Olympia Dukakis, Erik Stolhanski, Christopher Titus, Haley Joel Osment, Alison Brie, Bob Hawk, and may others. But the truth is you can submit a film full of A-list celebrities or something you shot at your Grandma’s house with some friends. Your film's budget doesn't matter nor does its premiere status. All we care about is finding high quality independent cinema.
If your film fits that simple criteria, please send it our way and join us for what will surely be our biggest year yet!
Our sponsors include Clear Channel, Stella Artois, United Arts, Cobb Theaters, DAVE School, Great Graphics Photoscan, Movie Magic, ShortsHD, and many others.
Follow us on Twitter @OrlandoFilmFest & like us on Facebook – Facebook.com/OrlandoFilmFest to stay updated, learn more about the festival or ask us any questions!
Awards & Prizes
We present over 25 filmmaking and screenwriting awards in a special outdoor ceremony located in front of the Plaza Cinema Cafe. Some of our award categories include Best Director, Best Performance, Best Animated Short, Audience Choice, Indie Spirit and many others. Every short that wins an award will be offered a distribution deal through our sponsor ShortsHD. One script from the screenwriting competition will also become the featured project for a live reading by professional SAG actors.
Rules & Terms
As we have said before, premiere status does not factor into our decisions. We do not care about your budget, your star power or if you are in the middle of a distribution deal. If you have a good film, we want to show it!
If you are a filmmaker and your previous film played at OFF, please choose the alumni fee option & let us know which previous film you had in the festival when submitting.
Transmedia projects can be submitted either as a short or feature depending on the amount of time the theater will be needed for the presentation.
PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL DVD SUBMISSIONS ARE REGION FREE OR REGION 1. DO NOT SUBMIT ANY PAL DVDS!
***NO submission materials, including DCP, Thumb Drive, Post Cards, Posters, etc, will be returned without a SASE or pre-packaged shipping lable. Sorry, no exceptions. ***
Screenwriting Competition Rules
- Scripts must not be optioned or sold prior to the start of the festival.
- There is no limit to how many scripts you can submit, but each one must be a separate submission.
- Scripts must be properly formatted and submitted via PDF or by mail. (Mailed submissions will not be returned)
- Feature Length scripts should be 80-130 pages in length.
- Short Scripts should be up to 50 pages in length.
- Please clearly label your script's genre on your cover page in your online submission.
- This competition is only open to non-WGA members.
- Screenplays must be an original work. If based upon another story or a real person, you must include a statement attesting to those rights to make such adaptations.
- Once submitted, you cannot make any changes to your entry.
- If the script is the work of more than one author, you must include every author's name in the submission. Prizes will be split amongst the author and an additional Award can be purchased at cost.
- Although not required, we do highly recommend you register your script with either WGA or WGA-East, or with the US Copyright Office.
GENERAL RULES AFTER ACCEPTANCE: We do not need the following material until AFTER your film is accepted into the festival.
WEBSITE NEEDS: Two (2) Production Stills (no crew photos), Short Synopsis, Trailer if available, and please list any AWARDS or HONORS in the body of the email.
Send all above items via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT BOX OF EMAIL: "WEBMASTER - YOUR FILM TITLE"
DELIVERY OF FEATURE LENGTH EXHIBITION COPIES:
EXHIBITION MEDIA: DCP or QUICKTIME (.m4v) H.264 on THUMB DRIVE
All feature exhibition copies must be post marked no later than August 1st, 2017 and delivered to:
Orlando Film Festival
5131 Gramont Ave
Orlando, FL 32812
DELIVERY OF SHORT FILMS:
EXHIBITION MEDIA: QUICKTIME (.m4v) H.264 on THUMB DRIVE
or Send your .m4v file via YOUSENDIT, MEGAUPLOAD, etc. to
SUBJECT BOX OF EMAIL: "YOUR FILM TITLE - Final"
If your film is selected for exhibition we would love for you to join us at the festival this year. We will strive to make sure that as many films as possible will have two (2) screenings and that the filmmakers are treated like family. You will receive two (2) VIP Elite Passes ($400 value) and if needed, additional Passes for 1/2 price ($100 each). These passes get you full access to everything the festival has to offer.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this film, you are responsible for the film submitted with this application, and by submitting said film to The Orlando Film Festival (the "OFF") you hereby represent, warrant and agree to the following:
1. I hereby represent, warrant, and agree that the film is not currently subject to any distribution agreement or other obligation that would prevent it from being exhibited at the OFF if accepted.
2. I have carefully read and understood and will comply with all rules, regulations and eligibility requirements of the OFF, all of which are incorporated herein by reference.
3. I represent and warrant that: (a) I have the full right and power to make and perform this Agreement without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement); (b) the film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity, and will not constitute a libel or slander of any person or entity or defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, reputation, publicity, intellectual property and/or any other rights of any kind or nature of any person or entity; and (c) the film is not the subject of litigation or any claim that might give rise to litigation.
4. I hold the OFF harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film; and agree to provide the festival a copy of the film at my own risk and/or provide my own insurance to cover loss and/or damage of the copy. Further, I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the OFF and its affiliates from and against any liability, claim, cost, damage, or expense arising out of or in connection with any breach by me of this Submission Agreement.
5. (Competition Entries only) Should this film win an award Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor/Actress or Audience Choice or any other award at the festival, I am authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive all cash prizes and awards.
6. I understand and agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent, production crew, or any other parties.
7. I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos nor any other materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted (except as set forth in clause 8 below).
8. I understand and agree that if my film is accepted, OFF will not pay any shipping fees for exhibition copies or promotional materials. Materials will ONLY be returned if it is received with a self-addressed prepaid envelope or box, prepaid shipping label for original shipping package, or package provided by the filmmaker with postage prepaid.
9. I understand and agree that if my film is selected, the number of screenings, days and venue is at the sole discretion of the OFF.
10. If the OFF accepts my film, I agree that the OFF may use, filmmaker provided Blu-Ray or DVD copies for press reviews and will not be obligated to conduct any separate theatrical screenings for members of the press.
11. I understand and agree that all information received on the application may be utilized in the program guide and the website. Any corrections must be received in writing by September 1st, 2017. Changes will not be made after September 1st, 2017. The OFF will not be liable for any errors or omissions in the program guide or the website.
12. I acknowledge and agree that in the event of any breach by me of this Submission Agreement, the harm to the OFF would not be adequately compensated for in damages and, therefore, in the event of any such breach, the OFF shall have the right to equitable relief by way of injunction or otherwise; provided, however, that resorting to such relief shall not be construed as a waiver of any other rights or remedies the OFF may have for damages.