Carter's Biz Cafes will host the 2nd Annual North Bay Art & Film Festival (NBAFF) showcasing independent short films and artisans from Northern California on October 6-8, 2017. The NBAFF is a festival that celebrates films that are twenty (20) minutes or less. The NBAFF will be a campus-wide event that includes the Commanding Officers Quarters and the Benicia City Clocktower, both are historic sites in Benicia, California and are surrounded by the beautiful San Francisco Bay. Although held in Northern California, the North Bay Arts & Film Festival is an open event and the organizers expect, as last year, to receive submissions from throughout the nation and the world.
The NBAFF is annual three day, jam-packed experience full of original short films, arts and crafts vendors, gourmet food, craft beers and much more.
For more info visit our website: www.northbayartfilmfest.com
Awards & Prizes
In addition to certificates for all screened movies and trophies the first and second place winners, this year we have added and Best Of Festival Award. The single highest rated film will receive a $1,000.00 (USD) award. PLEASE NOTE: In order to qualify for the cash award, film makers must pay an entry fee for each film submitted for consideration.
The North Bay Art and Film Festival would like to give a big shout out to all of our 2016 winners.
Our First Place Winners were:
Best Action and Adventure Short
BUSTER JONES: THE MOVIE Robert Parham
Best Animated Short
TOTEM Ariel Jew
Best Comedy Short
FISH Saman Hosseinpuor
Best Documentary Short
ARC OF JUSTICE Mark Lipman
Best Drama Short
THE TICKET SELLER Laura Archer
Best Horror/Thriller Short
E.Z.P.Z. Jason Bryan
Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Short
ENDO Tom Radovich
Best Romantic Short
DREAMS WE SHARE Evan Weidenkeller
Rules & Terms
Submissions will be accepted from February 1, 2017. The Early Bird submission period is February 1 - March 31, 2017. The Regular submission period April 1 - May 31, 2017. The Late submission period June 1- July 31, 2017. Extended submission period August 1 - August 15, 2017. Early entry is encouraged but in no way guarantees acceptance. NBAFF will notify acceptance by September 10, 2017
Early Bird Deadline (March 31, 2017): $25 per submission
Regular Deadline (May 31, 2017): $35 per submission
Late Deadline (July 31, 2017): $45 per submission
Extended Deadline (August 15, 2017): $60 per submission
Films must be submitted ONLINE via a link with password on FilmFreeway only. The NBAFF is a "Short Film" festival. Films should be no more than twenty (20) minutes in length. The submission must include Name, Address, Phone Number, Email of the Submitting Party along with Running Time and Category/Genre. Foreign films must have English subtitles.
All submissions must have been completed after January 1, 2015.
All submissions for The North Bay Art and Film Festival are to be paid by credit card. The submission fee is non-refundable. No fee waiver at this time.
Selection of Films
Categories for The North Bay Art and Film Festival are: Best Action /Adventure Short, Best Animated / Comedy Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Drama Short, Best Horror/Thriller/ Sci-Fi/Fantasy Short, and Best Romantic Short.
Submissions are reviewed and selected under the following criteria:
Audio, Music, Sound Effects
No X rated submissions will be permitted.
The North Bay Art and Film Festival endeavors to complete all selection procedures by September 1, 2017 and inform all submitting parties, in writing, if their film has been successful or not after that time. Successful submissions will receive a Filmmaker Festival Pack that will include important information on shipping the DVD or BluRay disk to the Festival, contact information, tickets, press and publicity, and how to make the most of participating in the Festival. Judges’ feedback on submissions will be available upon request.
A selected DVD or BluRay file must be received at The North Bay Art and Film Festival no later than TWENTY-ONE days after selection notification. The North Bay Art and Film Festival will take place October 6-8, 2017.
If selected, submissions should be sent to:
The North Bay Art and Film Festival
1 Commandant Lane
Benicia, CA 94510
If the film is selected for the Festival, all shipping and postage costs for all prints, tapes and additional materials sent to and returned from the North Bay Art and Film Festival must be borne by the submitting party. The North Bay Art and Film Festival will not accept Cash On Delivery shipments. The North Bay Art and Film Festival will not absorb any fees incurred in customs. All charges must be pre-paid. The North Bay Art and Film Festival will not accept submissions if customs and delivery fees have not been paid by the submitting party.
No DVDs or BluRays will be returned unless submitted with a prepaid postage mailer.
Festival Screenings and Scheduling
The North Bay Art and Film Festival aspires to provide the best quality projection possible but will not be held liable for any failure in the technical quality of the projection, nor will fees be refunded in any such case. The North Bay Art and Film Festival assumes that the submitting party or filmmaker(s) or entrant(s) or print source company has insured for damage and loss of the festival print or tape.
Screenings are scheduled during the Festival at the discretion of the North Bay Art and Film Festival. While every effort will be made to adhere to the published schedule, the North Bay Art and Film Festival reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason. The North Bay Art and Film Festival will not be liable for any costs claimed as a result of a change in scheduling.
No film may be withdrawn from the Festival program after its selection, and no film may be screened online or outside the Festival venue in the Solano or greater East Bay area during the Festival and before its official presentation without the approval of the North Bay Art and Film Festival.
Festival Jury Awards
Recognition awards will be given for Best Action and Adventure Short, Best Animated Short, Best Comedy Short, Best Documentary Short, Best Drama Short, Best Horror/Thriller Short, Best Sci Fi/Fantasy Short, and Best Romantic Short. If short-listed for a Jury Award, additional preview copies of the film must be provided or authorized by the submitting party if requested by the North Bay Art and Film Festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submission for consideration for the North Bay Art and Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation.. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival.
6. In the event that the Film is accepted into the official Festival program, myself and all other parties involved with the Film agree that the Film will not associate with nor receive support from corporations during or related to the Film's participation in the Festival that are not Official sponsors or supporters of the Festival without prior written consent of the Festival. Methods of support include: hosting a dinner, party or junket for or in conjunction with the Film, providing media space for roundtable or one-on-one interviews, etc.
7. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information. I also agree to provide contact information for the director and producer(s) of the Film and grant the Festival the right to provide this information to organizations sponsoring Festival events at its discretion.
8. I represent that I am 18 years of age or older, or that if I am younger than the legal age to enter into contracts in my state, I have provided a written consent from my parent or legal guardian. I agree that any controversy arising out of or in connection with my Film and the Festival will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California and conclusively determined by arbitration in the County of Solano in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association before a single arbitrator mutually agreed by the parties. I hereby waive any and all rights and benefits which I might otherwise have or be entitled to litigate any such dispute in court, including without limitation a trial by jury.
9. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
10. By clicking "I Agree" below, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival.