The 9th Annual Noor Iranian Film Festival will be announced soon.
NIFF was created with the aim of shedding "noor," or light, on Iranian culture and heritage through the medium of cinema. The festival sees itself as an opportunity to allow filmmakers to create dialogue on a global scale, express themselves, and to build a community of Iranians and non-Iranians who will help preserve and promote the beauty and essence of Iranian culture, throughout the ages. The festival also cultivates and promotes Iranian-American talent in Hollywood.
Awards & Prizes
Rules & Terms
1. NIFF accepts films from Iranian filmmakers, films made about Iran or Iranians, and/or films that include Iranians as part of the cast or crew.
2. If not in English, the film submission must have English subtitles.
3. Films may not be affiliated with any political or religious organization.
4. Screener format: Secure online screener via Vimeo or Youtube only.
5. Films may not be released or owned by a sales or distribution company worldwide, unless they have signed an official release.
6. NIFF reserves the right to retain a copy of the film for use with the festival and all other promotional events affiliated with the festival.
7. NIFF cannot be held liable for print/video materials, which may be lost or damaged.
8. Once your submission has been accepted, you will need to provide a high rez still image from the film, synopsis, and trailer (on Youtube or Vimeo).
9. In order for a submission to be considered, it must contain: entry form, full payment, and online screener. Entries originating from Iran do not have an entry fee.
10. NIFF only accepts secured online screener either on Vimeo or Youtube.
11- If a film is accepted, the film can be shown on High Res Digital Format. No DVDs will be accepted for screener or exhibition copy. Press materials for the film will be required, which can include but may not be limited to: high-resolution publicity stills, filmmaker bio, and online downloadable trailer. All required fields on FilmFreeway.com needs to be completed.
12- NIFF does NOT offer “notes” or specific critique of any films not accepted for exhibition, and reserves the right to reject any submission without providing explanation or justification.