The Napa Valley Film Festival is in its 7th Annual Season and growing every year. It's been featured in Variety and Indie Wire.
Founders Brenda and Marc Lhormer envisioned a Fall film festival that would exhibit the year’s best new independent films and likely Oscar and Golden Globe awards contenders, while simultaneously leveraging Napa Valley’s outstanding food, wine and hospitality to deliver an unparalleled immersive and transformative festival experience. They also envisioned a cultural arts organization that would support the art of cinematic storytelling while also providing educational and career opportunities for local students.
Awards & Prizes
The top two screenplays will be invited to Napa Valley with some amazing perks:
- Full filmmaker passes to the festival
- Lodging at the 4 star Napa Valley Meadowood Resort
- Entry into the exclusive Artists in Residence Program (Variety covered the once in a lifetime opportunity here: http://variety.com/2016/film/spotlight/napa-valley-festivals-artist-in-residence-program-connects-indies-1201913054/)
- Artist-in-Residence are invited to meetings with industry veterans - producers, directors, writers. Jim Rash is the first mentor to be announced; a second will be announced later in June. Jim Rash is the Oscar-winning screenwriter of The Descendants, starring George Clooney and directed by Alexander Payne, and the writer and co-director of The Way Way Back, starring Steve Carrell.
A public panel on screenwriting, moderated by Screencraft, will be open to all NVFF passholders. Date TBD.
20 finalists will be offered one standard Festival Pass to attend the festival.
Rules & Terms
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s).
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are not allowed. Please proofread your script very carefully before submitting.
- All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English.
- Feature screenplays longer than 125 pages will not be eligible.
- The festival or any other partner, employee or agent associated with this contest claims no ownership nor first right of option to any original screenplay submitted to this contest. All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders until and unless other agreements are made.
- BY ENTERING THE CONTEST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THESE CONDITIONS. You agree to release and hold harmless the festival, its partners, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, screenplay readers, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s Entry, participation in the Contest and/or acceptance or use or misuse of Prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the festival and its partners, sponsor, agents and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize. Employees of the festival and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this contest. Any such submission will be immediately disqualified. ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED or restricted by any Federal, State or Local law. Voided entries will be refunded. Recipients’ eligibility will be verified before the grant is awarded and the winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility.