Northeast Film Festival Horror Fest is the sister festival of Northeast Film Festival.
Northeast Film Festival Horror Fest showcases top independent films in the genres of horror and thriller, from established filmmakers as well as new talent. The high quality films, selected by a committee, includes features and shorts as well as screenplays. The festival is hosted in Teaneck New Jersey at the historic Teaneck Cinemas; with an after party to relax and network during the festival in style and spirit. In addition, we offer an atmosphere for the film enthusiast to interact with filmmakers as well as filmmakers being able to interact and network with each other and industry professionals.
During past Northeast Film Festivals, we have had celebrities attend such as: Lloyd Kaufman, Sam Sherman, Harry Lennix, Vinnie Pastore, David Harris, Gianni Russo, producers from NBC, CBS, HBO, among many others.
Awards & Prizes
All winners receive a trophy presented during our awards gala.
Rules & Terms
NORTHEAST FILM FESTIVAL HORROR FEST (NEFFHF) RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. NEFFHF competition categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. Films must submit preview screeners on DVD (NTSC) or Blu-Ray or via online through our submission platform. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
3. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. Entries must include contact information, with both an email address and phone number if possible, on all DVD and Blu-Ray submissions.
7. For DVD and Blu-Ray submissions, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. DVD and Blu-Ray submissions will not be returned to the submitters.
8. NEFFHF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the Northeast Film Festival Horror Fest.
9. In order to receive the award trophy, the project's producer or director must be present, unless a physical festival is not held.
10. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in DVD, Blu-Ray, or digital format.
11. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
12. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.
Payments can be made through FilmFreeway by credit card, or by check or money order. If payment is not made by credit card through FilmFreeway, the submission must also include a check or money order of the appropriate funds made out to: Northeast Film Festival Horror Fest or NEFFHF. Send all materials to: Northeast Film Festival Horror Fest, PO Box 2026. Teaneck, NJ 07666. Submission fees are non-refundable.