Enter now for a chance to have your script read by professional actors! Every script submitted (fee is $20) is in the running to be one of 2 scripts chosen to be read by actors in front of our Industry Insider, and an audience in a West Hollywood Theatre on Monday, April 17th, 2017 at 7.30pm.
Our event will also be Live Streamed. One writer will be selected who lives outside LA, and if unable to make it to the reading, will be able to watch online and receive feedback live from the Insider, the audience, and the online viewers - as if they are sitting in the theatre.
We encourage you to enter, and whether you enter or not, join us, or tune in to watch the readings, interact with our Insider, contribute feedback and gain valuable insights into the feedback and re-write process.
This series is run by writers to help other writers improve their craft. Hearing a script read live is a vital part of the creative/re-write process. So is getting useful notes from someone in the business, especially if you don't live in Los Angeles. This is a unique opportunity...submit your script now!
Awards & Prizes
Writers selected (2 or 3):
- Hear up to 30 pages of your script read by professional actors in front of an audience.
- Immediate feedback from an Industry insider, and other writers with one goal - to help the script improve.
Attendees to the Monthly Reading: Monday, April 17, 2017 (suggested contribution $10) and Live Stream Viewers:
- A chance to meet an Industry Insider, get information and ask questions.
- Improve feedback skills - which improves writing skills.
- Cookies and hydration Station included for those in attendance only. Sorry online viewers.
Rules & Terms
- All scripts must be submitted as PDF files.
- Submission fee ($20) must accompany the script.
- Script can be no longer than 30 pages plus a title page (One act of your feature script, most of your pilot, some of your play etc.). If the submitted script is over 30 pages, it will not be read, and the submission fee will not be refunded.
- We accept: Screenplay, TV Pilot, TV Spec, Web Series, Short Film, Stage Play. ANY GENRE.
- ONE Los Angeles based writer's script will be selected, and ONE writer from anywhere else in the country/planet may be selected. The reading will be live streamed so the out of town writer can watch the reading and participate in the notes section live.
- Winning writers will the given the opportunity to assist Reading Staff with casting for their script.
- At the conclusion of each month's judging, all scripts will be archived, and the process will start again. No holdovers of any kind. All writers are encouraged to attend the readings, re-write and re-submit.
- Admission to the Live Read event on Monday, April 17th has a suggested contribution of $10. Live Stream viewing is free.
- All feedback (apart from the Industry Guest and Moderator) will be limited to 2 minutes per person. Feedback submitted online will be selected by LiveRead/LA staff and read to the writer/audience by the Moderator.
- All feedback will be related to the script only. No-one is interested in opinions about the writer.
- Writers can submit from anywhere on earth, but please note, LiveRead/LA will NOT be paying for any airfare to, or accommodation in Los Angeles to any selected writer.