The #MoreofPLUS Film Festival is an initiative of PLUS Positive a nonprofit organization for plus size men women and teens. The primary focus of the festival is to showcase more plus size talent on screen. At the core of this festival is the requirement that each entry must utilize plus size men (size 2x and up) and/or women (size 12 and up) as leading characters in their films. The selected finalists will be showcased during PLUS PosiCon Sept 21-23 in Atlanta.
Awards & Prizes
Jury Award – Best Short
The Jury Award for Best Short is chosen by a select jury of filmmakers, film scholars and industry professionals.
Audience Award - Best in Show
The Audience Award is open to voting by audience members at each screening. Narrative, Documentary, Animation, and TV Pilot Shorts are eligible.
Entries will be judged in a two tier process; first by a group of PLUS+ Organizers to determine the finalists, then by a group of film professionals and the public. Each finalist team entries will win 2 VIP passes to PLUS PosiCon where the screening for the final judging and audience voting will take place. The winners will be determined and notified during the Closing Night Ceremony Sep 23, 2017.
Rules & Terms
By submitting your film you have read and agreed to all festival rules and terms and conditions.
1. PLUS Positive DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.
2. We highly encourage all works being submitted as an online screener (Vimeo preferred), if an online screener is not an option we will also accept submission on DVD (region 1 or 0).
3. Online screeners MUST have working passwords throughout the submission process. It is your responsibility to notify us if any changes are made.
4. If submitting on DVD, entries must be postmarked by the deadline date of the entry period in which a film was submitted. (For example, if you submit a film on the early deadline date, the film must also be postmarked as sent on that date.) Screeners will not be returned. Please do not send self-addressed stamped envelopes.
5. All works selected must be available by Sept 16, 2016 for inclusion in the festival.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering your film for consideration for the #MoreofPLUS Film Festival, you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at PLUS PosiCon. PLUS Positive is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless PLUS Positive from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. PLUS Positive may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. PLUS+ reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.