LINOLEUM Festival aims to support animation artists and promote animation worldwide.
The objective of the Festival is to encourage and celebrate creativity amongst animators and media artists, popularise contemporary animation and media art in Ukraine. This year LINOLEUM will open its 12th annual competition. It will host a variety of workshops, lectures, and programmes. The nominees will be decided upon by the Festival committee. The prize fund of the Festival is $5000.
The Festival theme in 2017 is HEROES AND VILLAINS.
Rules & Terms
1. Only ANIMATED shorts of any genre will be considered
2. Films must have been produced in 2016-2017
3. Running time must not exceed 30 minutes (including credits)
4. There is no submission or participation fee
5. The Festival does not offer any kind of payment for screening the films
6. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles
7. For pre-selection purposes films must be submitted via FilmFreeWay
8. All applicants having submitted a film for pre-selection shall be informed prior to the opening of the Festival if his or her film has been selected for participation in the official Festival program
9. A fully completed online entry form is required and must include the following information:
– a biography and filmography of the Director;
– photo of the Director;
– a dialogue list in English;
– film stills (300 dpi);
– short synopsis in English;
– contact information.
10. The Festival may use all materials cited in Article 8 for promotional purposes and in order to compile the Festival catalogue. The Festival bears no responsibility for published inaccuracies in the original submission materials.
11. For the promotion of the Festival, the organizers may screen the films from the festival archive after the competition, under the condition that these screenings have a non-commercial character
12. In case your film is selected to be part of the competition program, the authorized film distributor is required to send an HD file format of the film online or by mail. Regarding specifics of the required screening format, the distributor shall be informed one month before the start of the Festival.
13. Once a film has been selected and invited to participate in the Festival, it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program.
By submitting this documentary, I understand that I am agreeing to the following:
I own or control the copyright in and to, and am duly authorized to submit this animated short film to the Linoleum International Contemporary Animation and Media-Art Festival and to the best of my knowledge, all statements on this document are true.