We are thrilled to announce the birth of the First Annual Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF) premiering June 8th through the 11th, 2017 at the beautiful Mauch Chunk Opera House in historic Jim Thorpe, PA.
The Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival channels the rebellious spirit of the infamous Molly Maguires, welcoming the boldest, most defiant filmmakers to present their work, shatter convention and incite spirited debate. Our credo is “eyes and minds wide open” and we mean it.
We welcome films of every genre and budget, from gritty underground and experimental fare to “well-funded” traditional work.
Note that on Friday and Saturday nights, we will present a special late night "GRINDHOUSE” program. So send us your bloodiest, nastiest and most horrifying films that push the envelope! * We will offer a DEEP DISCOUNT for films that fit this category.*
Awards & Prizes
• Best Feature
• Best Short
• Best LGBTQ
• Best Horror / Sci Fi
• Best Animation
• Best Documentary
• Best Comedy
• Best Grindhouse
• Best Director – Feature
• Best Director – Short
• Best Cinematography
• Best Screenplay
• Best Actor
• Best Actress
• Special Achievement
• Special Jury Prize
• “Enfant Terrible” (young / student filmmaker award - 24 years & under)
• Local Hero (Pennsylvania filmmaker award)
Rules & Terms
• All entries must be postmarked by April 26, 2017. Entries received after this date cannot be considered.
• All projects must have been completed after January 1, 2015
• Entrant warrants that there are NO DISPUTES regarding the ownership of their film/project/screenplay. If there is ANY DISPUTE whatsoever, said film/project/screenplay will be disqualified.
• Once accepted, all projects (prior to Festival screening and during its run) must not be available for sale, or available to watch in its entirety on You Tube, Vimeo, or any other website, free or otherwise.
• Entrant(s) confirm(s) and warrant(s) required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
• Entrant(s) will allow usage of clips from the entry and all related publicity material submitted for promotional use on television, radio, in print, web and at live Festival events.
• All decisions made by judges, programmers and organizers will be final, and NO REFUND of entry fee will be permitted.
• The Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF) reserves the right to remove a film, project, or screenplay from the festival program for any reason or for no reason, and shall not be liable for any refund or claims of any kind arising out of such removal. In case the film, project or screenplay in question is disqualified, or is unable to screen due to technical, or operational difficulties, or if your film needs to be rescheduled, delayed, or removed from the program for any reason, the filmmaker(s) (cast, crew, or anyone involved with the project in question) are not entitled to any refund or damage claims of any kind.
By submitting to the Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF) you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
1. You must execute a release agreement wherein you (I) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at JTIFF; (II) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at JTIFF; (III) indemnify and hold harmless JTIFF, Todd Morris, Jocelyn Golarz, all JTIFF sponsors, including but not limited to the town of Jim Thorpe, PA and any/all city departments, as well as JTIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, staff, volunteers, and representatives against any claim, including attorney's fees, arising out of exhibition, or non-exhibition of your film at JTIFF, and (IV) you warrant the submission of your original work and warrant that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission in question.
2. You must deliver to the address(es) designated by the Festival (I) one exhibition copy of the invited work; (II) a second exhibition copy, if your film is in competition (to accommodate juror screenings); and (III) additional exhibition copies, if requested by the Festival (to allow for multiple screenings at more than one venue). We recommend you ship via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
3. All exhibition copies must be delivered in DCP or Blu-ray format. The Festival will ship and pay for the return of DCP/Blu-ray exhibition copies to one location after the conclusion of JTIFF.
4. JTIFF cannot be held liable or responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement.
5. JTIFF reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, or for no reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional and convenient environment for all of our customers.
By submitting: You agree to indemnify, hold harmless from and defend JTIFF, Todd Morris, Jocelyn Golarz, JTIFF's affiliates, and subsidiaries, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against all claims, demand losses, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses (including attorney's fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any film or project submitted to the Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF), or rejected/removed/disqualified by the Jim Thorpe Independent Film Festival (JTIFF).
SUBMIT AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE! This not only allows more time for consideration, but you will not run the risk of missing the deadline.
Projects must be submitted on DVDs NTSC Region 0 or 1 or online.
Works in progress will NOT be considered.
LANGUAGE: All entries must be either in English or contain English subtitles.
FINAL DEADLINE: Entries must be postmarked by April 26, 2017. Submissions postmarked beyond April 26th will NOT be considered.
Submission fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
DO NOT put stickers on DVDs as they can damage equipment and DVDs.
DVDs and/or screener discs will not be returned.
LOSS OR DAMAGE: Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials submitted while in the possession of the Festival. However, we cannot accept or assume responsibility in the event of loss or damage.