Enjoy and preserve world’s beauty and culture by participating in the International Tourism Awards.
The International Tourism Awards was established to promote world tourism attraction and places, conserve world heritage and tourism centers by nurturing awareness among international community, and improve socio-economic development of regions and countries in the tourism regions. As the sister festival of the prestigious International Film Festivals (www.internationalfilmfestivals.org), we aim to help the United Nations promoting the World Tourism Day (27 September).
In the film sector, we are looking for films relating to tourism, cultural places, heritage centers, ancient and modern kingdoms from amateurs, professionals, government institutions, and private enterprises.
Through films, we hope to build a world without boundaries by exploring and understanding various cultures as well as to entertain and inform the international audience. We welcome professionals, professional amateur, and amateurs/traveler to submit films about their interesting journey and unique places. The festival welcomes filmmakers, newcomers, travelers, and amateurs from all over the world to submit their films pertaining tourism, unique properties, and cultural places.
People’s Choice for Favorite Tourism Places
Working together with several private institutions and festivals, people can vote for their favorite tourism places. Individuals, government institutions, and private enterprises are welcomed to submit the name of a place along with a recent photo and brief explanation about the place/region/country they propose, and why others should vote for the places.
Awards & Prizes
On the Festival dates, we will hold ceremonies and events in Jakarta and Bali.
For films category, International Tourism Awards will give awards for best movie, International Awards of Outstanding Excellence, International Awards of Excellence, International Awards of Merit, and Special Jury Awards (if necessary).
All accepted film makers and winners are honored at the Awards Ceremony. Overall winner will be granted an exquisite winning statue, and winning filmmakers will be granted certificates for their respective winning categories during the events.
The festival will be featuring screenings, film-making workshops, and special guest appearances by filmmakers, mass media, and celebrities.
Rules & Terms
Please read carefully before submitting.
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to the International Tourism Awards (the Festival).
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay(s) to the Festival, you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases has been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases International Tourism Awards and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) blu-ray (optional) or DCP, must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. For Travel Destinations category submitter: you give us and our partners’ website permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute any of the information included in your submission without compensation other than stated in this Festival Rules & Terms.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Tourism Awards shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.