SOCUMO (Sociedad Cultural Molinesa) is a non-profit cultural association which, by means of activities like this festival, promotes creativity, culture and, at the same time, makes our region better-known.
This Festival started out by screening the work of one of our members, together with other friends who shared the same interest in timelapse. It turned out to be such a success that in the 2nd edition we decided to make it a competition. We received entries from all over Spain, as well as Portugal, the United Kingdom and Canada, amongst others. Some of them have been awarded internationally, even chosen by National Geographic to be shown on its internet TV channel. In our last edition, over 500 attendees enjoyed some great films. In fact, it was such a success that we even had to repeat the screenings the next day.
Every year we try to improve this festival from the experienced gathered. Our best ambassadors are those attendees from previous editions, as they can vouch for the experience.
We hope to see you!
Awards & Prizes
– The following awards have been established:
All selected works will be given a dinner for two people the same day of the screening, It will take a weekend of the month of August 2017, still to be determined in Molina de Aragón (Guadalajara-Spain)
The selected will enjoyed Weekend for two, including breakfast, in one of the best rural lodging houses in the Alto Tajo Natural Park (Molina de Aragón, Guadalajara, Spain, coinciding with the screening date)
First prize: trophy plus Special prize offered by our sponsors.
Second prize: trophy plus Special prize offered by our sponsors.
Prize StopMotion: trophy plus Special prize offered by our sponsors.
Special Prize: trophy plus Special prize offered by our sponsors.
Rules & Terms
– Participation is open to everybody and is FREE.
– The entries must contain at least 50% TIMELAPSE or STOP MOTION.
– The entries must not exceed 10 minutes in length.
– Should the entries contain voices and/or talks, Spanish will be the language used. Otherwise, the entries will have to show subtitles in Spanish.
– The number of entries to be presented is limited to one per participant.
– All entries subject to competition will meet the deadline to be presented on the 30th May 2017 at the latest.
– A jury composed of members of the association will select 10 pieces of work for viewing, of which 6 finalists will have a chance of winning a prize.
– A promotional video will be made by gathering a few seconds of every chosen entry. The association will be able to show repeated projections of the festival in future occasions.
– In order for the entries to be shown, the entries will have to be sent in HD quality (preferably in format 1920×1080, 25fps) and stereo sound.
– The short-listed participants who are not able to attend the festival but who would like indeed to be represented during the event, can also grant their representation to someone of their trust. Neither the change of the dates for accommodation nor the exchange of the prize are possible.
– All participants must accept responsibility of the fact that all entries presented are NOT subject to any legal claim.
– The organization reserves the right to modify any part of these rules if the circumstances so require; timely information about it would be given.
– The participation in this competition implies the full acceptance of its rules.