IMFF2018 is an International Mobile Film Festival based in San Diego. Our film festival is exclusive to films shot with mobile phones. No other cameras qualify. No other device qualifies. Only mobile phones.
Our 7th annual International Mobil Film Festival™ in San Diego takes place the last weekend of April 28 & April 29, 2018.
TAG is #MFF2018SanDiego and #MobileFilmSD
It is very important that you only submit ONE film per filmmaker or company and it MUST BE SHOT WITH A MOBILE PHONE. One (1) Entry per Filmmaker Only. Awards and recognition for one filmmaker or company.
****MOBILE FEATURE FILM COMPETITION (40-80min.)
SEE CATEGORY: ***Feature Mobile Films Competition
Deadline 10/19/17 and visit our website. www.internationalmobilefilmfestival.com/rules for details. *You cannot submit a film without requesting a password. RULES ON WEBSITE APPLY. No Refunds. Read rules before submitting.
****SEPARATE SHORT FILM COMPETITION: Deadline 11/19/17 (1-5min.)
***All films must be shot with mobile phones to qualify for all competitions in our film festival.***
*A Scholarship is available for our SHORT FILM COMPETITION! Email us for instructions on hardship to waive submission fee for short film competition only.
EVERY FILMMAKER MUST fill out the REGISTRATION FORM to be eligible AND YOU WILL RECEIVE IT IN AN EMAIL. Email us to REQUEST the REGISTRATION form: email@example.com
***READ RULES (on our website) BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILM:
No exceptions. All films must be shot with mobile phones only.
Rules & Details in URL above. READ THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR FILM.
See RULES PAGE on our website for deadlines. http://www.internationalmobilefilmfestival.com/mff/rules
Only films we are able to download full 1080HD before selection deadline will be selected. Horizontal full screen only.
Filmmakers who attend our event in San Diego will receive special recognition and attention during our festival running dates (April 28 & 29, 2018). Filmmakers will be part of Q&A Panel and walk red carpet, interviewed and much more.
Awards & Prizes
All the information is on our website. Thank you!
We have beautiful trophies for the winners who ATTEND and a red carpet award ceremony every year in San Diego on the final day of the film festival.
"The red carpet is in your pocket!"
Prizes for IMFF 2018 from Sponsors Red Giant & FilmConvert
Selected winning films in MFF2018 will be automatically nominated to the Global Mobile Film Awards™ at no cost to filmmakers. *GMFA is the "Oscars" of the mobile film industry. A nomination by a member film festival is a prestigious award
Rules & Terms
Please READ RULES and submit your films ON OUR WEBSITE: No refunds. http://www.internationalmobilefilmfestival.com/mff/rules
*Only films we are able to download full 1080HD before selection deadline will be selected. Horizontal full screen only.
ONLY ONE FILM PER FILMMAKER| ALL FILMS MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IN HIGH QUALITY FOR BIG SCREEN & MUST BE SHOT WITH PHONES ONLY
• PARTICIPANTS – You must be human beings. That is all we ask for. We don't limit artists/entrants/participants because of their age, income level, disabilities, race or ethnicity, sex or anything! If you are a human being you qualify as a filmmaker if you enter a qualfiying film. We encourage anyone who believes they may not qualify even though they are human to give it a shot. Submitting is easy! Just Do it!
• EQUIPMENT – In case we weren’t clear: FILMS MUST BE SHOT BY MOBILE PHONE VIDEO CAMERAS ONLY. All other production equipment, lights, cranes, dollies, etc. are allowed. Since mobile filmmaking has become an industry, you can find customized equipment online and stores if you need it. No apps or filmmaking accessories are required to qualify.
• ONE (1) ENTRY per person and/or entity. One prize per film regardless of the number of people credited. If you are an organization, please contact us! No refunds.
• LENGTH – Short Film Competition - 00:60 seconds (1 minute) to 05:00 minutes including credits. Feature Mobile Film Competition - 40 minutes to 80 minutes total including intro and end credits.
• FORMAT – We prefer (.mp4) (.mov) files. (Please record FULL QUALITY (1080HD) video in widescreen format – adjust settings if you need to) Questions? Contact us!
• APPS – Automatic editing apps are not allowed. The only apps you may use are video editing software such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Splice, etc. on your phone or computer. These typses of apps do not create your movie for you. Using apps may degrade the end quality of your footage. We advise you to consider this when selecting apps and filters during your production as opposed to post-production. Cropping video may also degrade the quality of your footage in post production, but that is not always the case.
• COPYRIGHTS - We cannot accept any THIRD-PARTY music, images & photos or graphics in your video. We apologize, however, we are keeping your cost to produce your video down and increasing your creativity! If you can verify your right to use them through our strict legal process you may contact us. This also limits your risks. Licensing for music is tricky depending on how the music is used in your film. One license may not work for all the ways you use music in your film, such as driving your video, background, transitions, etc.
Music got you down? Don't fret. Here is some info to research using music in your films to ensure the proper licensing. This is not the only resource but a good start. http://www.copyright.gov
EVERY FILMMAKER MUST fill out the separate REGISTRATION FORM (only available through email) to be eligible AND YOU WILL RECEIVE IT IN AN EMAIL. Email us to REQUEST the REGISTRATION form: firstname.lastname@example.org
*If you have questions or need help contact us. We will allow a couple shots from another mobile device or traditional cameras only by individual basis after a conversation which determines you need it to tell your story and cannot recreate it on your phone in time for the festival.
<<<Selected winning films in MFF2018 will be automatically nominated to the Global Mobile Film Awards™ (www.globalmomobilefilmawards.com) at no cost to filmmakers.>>>
Best of luck!