The International Kids Film Festival of India (IKFFI) was conceived with the idea of introducing kids in India to the world of cinema. It aims to bring inspiring, meaningful and globally diverse cinema to 100,000 school students in it's first year.
IKFFI is a unique opportunity for students to experience the power of global, award-winning cinema in a place that’s natural and close to them: the school! The festival will travel to 10 Indian cities over a month during November and December 2017.
The festival includes film screenings, interactions with filmmakers, engaging hands-on workshops with special guests, peer-to-peer dialogues, and filmmaker-led seminars.
* Watch Cinema: film screenings in schools
* Learn Cinema: hands-on media workshops in schools
* Make Cinema: film-making competition for kids
About the Organiser:
IKFFI is conceived and organized by LXL Ideas, leaders in the field of media education in schools in India. LXL Ideas, formerly EduMedia, impacts learning and creates experiences for students, parents and educators. For over two decades, LXL Ideas has been making award-winning films, organising large-impact events, publishing authoritative writing and delivering holistic research & training.
Over the past decade, LXL Ideas has produced over 100 films for children and youth for it's life skills program School Cinema. School Cinema is today being used by 700,000+ students in 4 countries. Awarded with 6 prestigious National Film Awards, School Cinema films have also screened in over 150 film festivals across the world.
Awards & Prizes
Best Live Action - Feature
Best Animation - Feature
Best Documentary - Feature
Best Live Action - Short
Best Animation - Short
Best Documentary - Short
Best Film (Audience Choice)
Best Student Film - Below 12 years of age
Best Student Film - 12 to 16 years of age
Rules & Terms
1) Short Films: Live action/ animated/ documentary short films with a minimum duration of 1 minute and maximum duration of 40 minutes will be eligible.
2) Feature Films: Live action/ animated feature films with a minimum duration of 40 minutes will be eligible.
3) Projects may originate from any part of the world.
4) Regardless of language, films with narration/dialogue MUST have inlaid English subtitles.
5) No premiere requirement.
6) Projects completed after 1 January 2015 will be eligible.
7) All submissions must be made before 31 August 2017, 11:59 PM IST via FilmFreeway.
8) Student Film Competition: Student filmmakers are encouraged to submit their work in this section.
• To be eligible for selection in this category, the filmmaker must be a student of an educational institution and must have valid identification to verify this.
• Only individuals under the age of 21 at the time of completion of the film may submit.
• Only films produced after 1 January 2016 will be eligible for this category.
• Films with a minimum duration of 2 minutes and a maximum duration of 20 minutes will be eligible for this category.
9) Fees for entries: 10$
• Student film: $2 (valid student identification be sent along with FilmFreeway tracking number by email to complete submission)
10) Submission Format:
• Media files:
.AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved)
.WMV (Windows Media)
DIGITAL FILES ONLY
• Language: English subtitles inlaid
11) Press Kit Requirements:
If your project is selected please send us the following materials by 10 October 2017:
- Film Stills 6-7 300 dpi
- Film Poster
- Film Trailer (not more that 60 seconds)
- Director’s bio and hi-res photo
- Film Synopsis (under 300 words)
- Exhibition copy of film (PLEASE NOTE: Exhibition copy must not have any watermark)
These materials can be emailed to the IKFFI official email via WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google Drive folder.