International Film and Photography Festival (IFPF) invites photographers and filmmakers from all over the world to take a chance on an international level and join our festival.
We believe that photography and films are like brothers and some techniques and skills used in photography, like composition and lighting, plays an important role in how films communicate with the viewers.
In photography category, we receive the submission from professional, hobbyist, and smartphone photographers, encouraging all filmmakers and photography lovers to portray their imagination in creative work of arts.
In the film category, we accept feature narrative film and documentaries, short narrative film and documentaries, and accept students and newcomer in rising star category. We also value the hard work of the directors, cinematographer, editors, actor/actress, screenwriters, and music director.
Juries of the festival relish well-honed, outstanding and unique films and photos created and produced with passion and in-depth knowledge, and will proudly make them as the showcase of the festival.
Awards & Prizes
- In the film category, we will give Best of Film, Diamond, Platinum, and Gold awards. Winners will receive their awards or certificate at the Awards Ceremony.
- Winner of the festival will receive the statue of achievement at the Award Ceremony.
- The festival will be featuring screenings, film-making workshops, press conference and special guest appearances by filmmakers and celebrities.
- For photography, we will award Professional Photographer of the Year (for professionals) and Photographer of the Year (for hobbyist and smartphone photographer).
- Work exhibited in the Festival (selected winning photos and films).
- Work showcased on the main page of the website.
Rules & Terms
This agreement pertains to all Work(s) submitted to International Film and Photography Festival (the Festival):
Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film(s) or screenplay to the Festival, you agree to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and one blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices.
B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening.
C. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitter are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. Student submitter should be able to show his/her valid Education institution student identity document/card upon request by the Festival. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification, and the Festival will have no obligation to refund the submission fee.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film and Photography Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.