International Film Competition Festival (IFCOMFEST) is established to accommodate filmmakers' desires for proper acknowledgment according to their achievements and qualities of their films. International Film Competition Festival is the sister festival of the prestigious Asia Pacific International Filmmaker Festival and Awards (APIFA) which both of their yearly awards ceremonies were inaugurated by ministers and attended by kings, sultans, queens, ministers, senators, parliament members, notable guests, and celebrities. Our past winners include Hollywood stars Robin Shou, Chris Gero, Frankie Faison, Nathan East, Eric Clapton, Quincy Jones III, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie, Kenny Loggins, Vince Gill, David Foster, Don Was, Dave Koz, Richard Marx, Al Jarreau, Lee Ritenour, Kenneth 'Babyface' Edmonds, Sara Bareilles, Patti Austin, etc.
Giving plenty rooms for talented filmmakers to explore and refine their talents according to their expertise; our festival gives competitive entry fees and broad categories. The festival invites feature and short length narrative and documentary films, and welcome newcomers and students in the industry. Juries of the festival will give recognition to specific categories: directing, editing, acting, cinematography, story & script-writing, music. For those who wish for a bigger chance of winning can grab a comfortable package of five categories. We are looking for skillfully produced films made with passions and which deliver strong voices.
IFCOMFEST will choose the Best Film, and awards Platinum, Gold, and Silver on the Gala Ceremony that will take place in Indonesia on September 2017. The Festival will pamper for all winning filmmakers includes a prestigious Awards Ceremony, media meet and greet, filmmakers' gathering, leading newspapers, and international and local filmmakers. It is a perfect place to mix and mingle with other filmmakers and other notable guests.
Submit your film today! Grab your opportunity for your film to shine in this eastern part of this globe.
Awards & Prizes
We will hold Festival Days in September 2017. All winners and accepted filmmakers and members are welcome at the Festival events. The festival will grant a statue to the overall winner, and awards according to the winning categories during Awards Night in Indonesia.
Juries will choose the Best Film and give Platinum, Gold, and Silver awards.
The Festival will screen selected winning films at our partner institutions based on juries’ selection.
At the festival, we will conduct premiere, filmmaking workshops, and press conference. All winning filmmakers, media, dignitaries, and celebrities are invited.
Rules & Terms
Please read all rules and regulations below carefully before submitting your project. This agreement pertains to all work/s submitted to the International Film Competition Festival.
By submitting your film/s or screenplay to the International Film Competition Festival (the Festival), you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter acknowledges that he or she has obtained all necessary rights and authorizations from other individuals and third parties as necessary before submitting the film/s or screenplay to the Festival.
2. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its members, affiliates, and partners from any legal action whatsoever.
3. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP, must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs/Blu-rays/DCPs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen injury, losses, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
4. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
5. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
11. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
12. The Festival Director may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
13. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
14. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
15. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
16. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
17. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
18. Films could be from any year.
19. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
20. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our the International Film Competition Festival, submitter/filmmaker agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival. Submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that he or she has read, understood, agreed with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification, and that he or she is 18 years of age or older and mentally competent to submit this application.