Fact 1: Hundreds of distributors world over, specially the Chinese distributors, are looking for content.
Fact 2: Hundreds of film-makers/screenplay writers are looking for a distribution/ development deal.
Fact 3: Majority of film-makers don’t get a deal
We collaborated with studio executives, distributors and filmmakers to address this irony.
1) Majority of the deal are happening in Hollywood, China and India. We have decided to focus on these three markets.
2) Digital is the high growth area. AT LEAST one winner and one runner up of the Feature film category will be offered a digital distribution deal. It's your call if you want to take the deal or not.
3) AT LEAST one winner of the Short Film categories and and one winner of the Screenplay contest will be offered an option deal . Again, it's your call if you want to take the deal or not.
4) We will carefully analyze the business potential of all our submission and we will submit our finalists to distributors/financiers who have expressed interest or have previously distributed a similar film.
We believe that the key to success is being at the right place, at the right time and with the right proposal.
While many festivals promote the art of film-making, we are here to help you get a deal.
Awards & Prizes
Awards & Events
If you have been to AFM, Cannes or EFM, then imagine the same events, organized exclusively for our finalists and winners.
Distribution Screening: June 24, 2017
On June 24, 2017 we will organize a screenings for distribution deal winners at AMC Sunset 5, 8000 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
HICF will submit the finalists of all categories to the distributors interested in movies of that genre and language.
Though HICF will be sending the finalist to distributors ahead of this event, the goal of this event is to provide an opportunity for all filmmakers to meet all distributors partnering with HICF.
Finally, we will have a mixer attended by filmmakers, distributors, financiers and festival organizers.
The goal of this mixer is to provide networking opportunity for current as well as future projects.
We will screen two features, selected shots and announce awards. Additionally, we will have panel discussions on following topics:
1. Emerging trends in global markets
2. Digital distribution DIY for Indie- makers
3. How to project revenue for a movie
Day 2- Session 2
The results in the following categories will be announce on June 25th, 2017 in a gala event hosted at the AMC Sunset 5, 8000 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90046
Best Feature Film (English)
Best Feature Film (Asian)
Best Feature Film (Foreign)
Best Short Film (English)
Best Short Film (Asian)
Best Short Film (Foreign)
Best Screenplay (English)
Best Screenplay (Asian)
Best Screenplay (Indian)
The Winner in any category will be presented to to all major distributors in Hollywood and abroad.
At least one winner and one runner up of Feature film category will be offered a digital distribution deal by California Pictures or Hollywood Pictures International.
At least one winner of Short Film categories and and one winner of Screenplay contest will be offered an option deal . Again, it's your call if you want to take the deal or not.
The winner of any distribution deal will be invited to Hollywood for a 2 nights and 3 days trip*. The winning filmmakers will get a chance to meet with the distributors, Hollywood executives and discuss their distribution and financing deal in person.
*Airfare not included
Rules & Terms
The Hollywood International CineFest (HICF) reserves the right to determine eligibility of any project submitted. By submitting to HICF the submitter agrees to following rules and regulations.
• Only original work is eligible for submission
• The person submitting the work for the authority to submit.
• HICF only accepts digital submissions.
• The submission is not subject to any litigation.
• The work does not infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of a 3rd party. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, including but not limited to picture, resemblance, music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright.
• The submitted will hold HICF harmless against claims by any 3rd party about the rights of the submission.
• The submitter gives HICF the permission to screen the work one time for general public (for a fee) and un-limited times to any distributors, exhibitor (without a fee) for the purpose of securing a distribution and/or development deal
• For selected submissions, HICF might require the proof of rights, E&O Insurance and other document needed required for a distribution deal.
• If the film-win an award for any of the categories listed on this submission form at HICF, the submitter is authorized and/or empowered by all parties legally representing this film to receive any awards.
• HICF will not return any submitted material.
• HICF reserves the rights to change screening time and locations.
• All submissions must be in English or with English subtitles/ translations
• HICF decision about winners is final and cannot be challenged.
• HICF reserves the rights to change the award categories and award values.
All submissions must comply with the specific submission creterios of the category they are submitting for.