The Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival is annual festival with an annual event taking place in May 2017. THBFF is not just an ordinary film festival, it is an experience beyond our creativity and senses that only a film-maker can understand. THBFF is serving the film-making community from all over the world to push forward their films in the right direction. We support new and student film-makers, who are just beginning their careers with a supportive and enthusiastic audience for their creative efforts. We are a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals who are committed to choose high-quality films which are meant to be explored through the eye of an expert. THBFF strives to be a year-round festival where the team of experts from Film Industry believes in art as the best lens that captures through an eye of creative genius. Our contribution is to provide brave and talented independent filmmakers based in anywhere in the world to the realm of exposure, opportunity, and distribution. For those who demonstrate mastery in the craft of filmmaking, we salute them.
The Hollywood Boulevard Festival fulfills its goal of serving the art of film by providing filmmakers, many of whom are just beginning their careers with a supportive and enthusiastic audience for their creative efforts.
The objective of the Film Festival is to provide support independent film-makers through reviewing, judging, marketing, and distribution networking, and trying to overcome any other obstacles which potentially hinder the artist’s ability to create.
How does it work:
We accept all genres of films across the globe. All the films will go through a review process by our highly qualified and experienced jury who will go through a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films. The process involves these stages:
+ Reviewing submitted films for a Category Win or Award Win
+ If a film is not selected for a Category Win it will either be an "Official Selection" or "Not Accepted"
+ Only Category/Award Winners are screened at the Annual Festival
+ Winners are notified on the Notification Date
We believe that a Film-maker who is considering that our festival is our family and provide an excellent customer service to Film-Makers. THBFF is announcing the official selection results within 48 hours time frame. That saves a lot of time of a film-maker. Plus, we offer regular discounts on various occasions to film-makers to save a lot of money. We are happy to help you at any stage from submission to the end stage of announcing winners at the Annual Event. We will try to be in touch with you within 24 hours to resolve any queries related to your film or submission. We are very excited to review your film and observe the detailed creativity of your work.
135 N. La Brea Ave, Hollywood, CA 90036
Things to know before submitting:
Submission of your film to The Hollywood Boulevard Film Festival confirms that the festival has the permission to exhibit your film(s) during the festival and /or at any other Festival event. Submission of a work implies that the Festival can employ moving image excerpts and reproduce stills of exhibition promotion. Credit will be give to any film-maker or screenwriter of such material is used in Festival promotion. Original copyright holder retains all rights to their work.
Q: How long is a short/feature film?
A: Films under 30 minutes are considered short films & over are features.
Q: How are the films selected for the festival?
A: Films submitted to the festival are reviewed by our selection team, which evaluates each film, looking for the best thematic and well-produced films.
Q: When you accept submissions?
A: We are accepting submissions year round with monthly deadlines. Please read our submission guidelines carefully before submitting.
Q: Can I submit movie on nudity, sex,etc?
A: The movie should have a strong storyline, however, we are strictly not accepting any movies about porn, animal cruelty or actual depiction of human death.
Q: Can I get my submission waived off?
A: The answer is No as we try to keep reasonable fees for all submissions and we offer regular discounts to students and new film-makers.
Q: Can I submit more than one film?
A: Yes, you can submit more than one film and you can also submit the same film in different categories with additional fees.
Awards & Prizes
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. "Category Winners" and "Best Picture" winner receive LAURELS and optional TROPHY and CERTIFICATE for purchase!
1) We will have the Live Screening and Award Ceremony held on May 27-28, 2017.
2) The number of awards given every month varies on the basis of the submission we receive.
4) Each winner will be contacted on the Notification Date
5) Each film has to be submitted to at least one genre, then they qualify for additional categories.
Rules & Terms
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 30 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 2 extra minutes.
3. Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the THBFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, will be screened at the festival in our Distributed Cinemas.
5. In the event of a film being withdrawn, THBFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
6. THBFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to the submission. For more information and queries, contact us.
7. One entry fees per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee.
8. Student Filmmakers are encouraged to apply with their student identity in order to prevail occasional discounts.