HIGHLAND PARK INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL (HPIFF) fosters emerging and established filmmakers by providing forums for screening projects, networking with industry professionals and mentoring student filmmakers in Northeast Los Angeles. All films will screen at the historic Highland Theatre on a DCP system.
Awards & Prizes
All filmmakers will be competing for two prestigious awards: Best Cinematography and Best Musical Composition. Other awards include: Best Feature, Best Short, Best Feat Doc, Best Short Doc, & Audience Choice - Best Short
Rules & Terms
INSTRUCTIONS AND IMPORTANT DATES
- Submissions are open to all filmmakers, topics, and genres. Features are films 60 minutes and up. Shorts are films under 45 minutes.
- Please fill out all fields on application form. Both pages must be filled out, scanned, and emailed to email@example.com.
- Early submissions must be received by Monday 7/4/17 with a fee of $50 features / $45 student (w/ valid ID); $30 shorts / $25 student (w/ valid ID).
- Final deadline submission date is Monday 8/1/17 with a fee of $55 features / $50 student (w/ valid ID); $35 shorts / $30 student (w/ valid ID).
- Filmmaker must provide a Vimeo or Youtube link screener along with a digital entry form (Download on website www.hpifilmfest.com).
- Entry fees can be paid via Paypal or you can make check payable to Highland Park Independent Film Festival (HPIFF). Please write the title of the film in the subject line of the check.
- The Required Terms of Agreement must be signed and dated by applicant to be considered for selection.
- Filmmakers can submit more than 1 film with a submission form and entry fee for each submission.
- If selected, exhibition copy must be received by Monday 9/5/17.
- If selected exhibition will be in a digital format please provide us with a (DCP or Pro Res 422 Quicktime file - Shorts only or DCP - Features only). Files must be delivered on a Mac-compatible external hard drive or flash drive.
- Upload a digital press kit with application. This includes film stills, synopsis, bios, and list of cast/crew.
- Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org