The GayCharlotte Film Festival, first established in 2009, has become an annual event in the Queen City and since 2014 has been a program of Charlotte Pride. Our mission is to entertain, enlighten, and build valuable bridges of understanding, support, and acceptance within and between the LGBTQ and ally communities in the Charlotte region. Today, the GayCharlotte Film Festival is one of Charlotte’s premiere arts and cultural events, which has brought thousands of attendees together to celebrate the artistic, cultural, and historical contributions of LGBTQ and ally individuals, all through the power of film. Each year, we work to strengthen our program by expanding the diversity and subject matter of the films we show. In addition, to enhance the overall experience for film goers, we have introduced new features to engage our community, including our new audience awards and free admission events to educational film screenings and panel discussions.
Awards & Prizes
Best Short Film - Viewers' Choice
Rules & Terms
1) Submissions must be about or of interest to the Carolinas’ LGBTQ community.
2) Running Time: 25 minutes or less from beginning titles to ending credits, for short films; at least 60 minutes running time for feature-length films.
3) Deadline: Friday, April 14, 2017; Notification: Friday, April 28, 2017.
4) Works-in-progress and rough cuts will not be accepted. Only one submission of each film is accepted.
5) Fees: $5 submission, short films; $10 submission, feature-length films.
6) Only one entry per director and/or producer per film submission category.