2017 Submissions open on 18 January – accepting short films, music videos, animations and documentaries in any genre.
Exit 6 Film Festival is an all-day celebration of short films taking place at multiple venues in the heart of Basingstoke, UK, including Vue Cinema and The Anvil.
Check out our 2016 event video at exit6filmfestival.com
As filmmakers ourselves, we know how rewarding it can be to screen your work to people outside your regular circle of friends and colleagues, and also have the opportunity to give that audience an insight into the processes that brought it to life. That's why we invite a representative of each selected film to take part in a short Q&A right after the it has screened. However, as much as our audience would love to hear from you first-hand, attendance to the festival is not a condition of selection.
There will also be guest industry speakers giving talks throughout the day on different aspects of film-making, covering a range of topics from pre-production through to post-production and beyond.
We keep submission and ticket fees as low as possible because we understand raising the money to make your film is hard enough - and we want you to enjoy your achievement with us!
RECOGNITION & REWARD
The Exit 6 judging team will select the films for the festival programme, including the 'Judges 6' - the 6 films shortlisted for our Best Film award, the winner of which will be selected by our guest judges.
There will also be an Audience Choice award where all the films in the festival programme can be voted for by ballot on the day.
The winner of the Best Film award will be announced at the Judges 6 screening whilst the Audience Choice Award will be announced at the Afterparty.
After a day and evening of watching some wonderful work (or sweating over what audiences may have thought of yours) it’s time to let your hair down and enjoy the rest of the evening with drinks and live music.
All attendees will be invited to relocate from our screening venue to the Aftershow Party to celebrate a fantastic day with friends old and new.
Awards & Prizes
2016 Best Film winner Denis Dobrovoda on Exit 6:
"For me, Exit 6 has been the most pleasant surprise on the festival circuit so far. Nowhere else have I come across such passion, enthusiasm and love of cinema on the part of the organiser and the audience. I was also very impressed with the quality of films in the competition, which has made winning the award for Best Film all the more special. Being a part of Exit 6 has been an immense pleasure and I will hopefully return before long!"
Rules & Terms
* Each Film must have been completed on or after 1st October 2015.
* The maximum running time including credits is 15 minutes.
*If the film is not in English, subtitles in English must be embedded on-screen. If this is not provided at time of submission, we will disqualify the entry.
* By entering the EXIT 6 FILM FESTIVAL you are confirming you are the owner of the submitted project and hold copyright to all material used in the film.
* We accept films of any genre.
* You agree to give the EXIT 6 FILM FESTIVAL permission to link/display your project's FB/Twitter page/Poster/Stills on all of the EXIT 6 FILM FESTIVAL's various social media outlets.
* Submissions will be accepted via FilmFreeway only. Entry Fees are non-refundable.
* We do not limit the number of films you can enter.
* We do not require Premiere status, but please let us know if we are the first to show your film. Films available online are admissible.
Country of Origin
* Exit 6 is an International Festival, we will accept films from anywhere in the world.
* We only accept digital submissions, do not send us any DVDs or Blu-Rays.
* Filmmakers of any age, experience, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation are welcome to submit.
* All entries will be watched by at least two members of the Exit 6 judging panel. The panel will select the final festival programme and also the top 6 films (Judges 6), from which the Best Film will be chosen by our independent guest judge(s).
* The Audience Choice Award will be voted for throughout the day and the winner announced at the Afterparty.
* If your film is selected for the programme, a representative of the film will be invited to take part in a Q&A on stage immediately after your film has screened.
*Selected films will be sent official selection laurels. Judges 6 films will receive special laurels.