"Nurturing talent and giving promising cinematographers the exposure they need to succeed in the Motion Picture Industry is at the heart of ICG's annual Emerging Cinematographer Awards." - Steven Poster, ASC
ICG's Emerging Cinematographer Awards is opportunity for members of ICG Local 600 who are in good standing to present themselves as a Director of Photography by entering a short film for consideration to be one of the top 8-10 selected finalists. Members who already classified in the union as a Director of Photography cannot apply.
Short films that are submitted are vetted through a diverse panel of judges primarily comprised of Cinematographers and members of ICG. Eight to ten short films will be selected by our judges and showcased to members of the entertainment community at the premiere event in Los Angeles in September 24, 2017, located at the prestigious Directors Guild Theater. Shortly after the premiere event in Los Angeles, the films will travel to New York City, cities in our Central Region, as well as film festivals. Every November, the films also receive international exposure at Camerimage, the largest cinematography film festival in the world.
Awards & Prizes
ECA honorees will benefit from the exposure provided by many of our media outlets, including ICG Magazine, the ECA website, and ICG's website. In addition to various screening events throughout the county and internationally, ICG also provides networking opportunities with Agents, Directors and Producers to help foster important relationships with members of the entertainment community who make hiring decisions.
Custom and hand crafted awards are presented at the premiere event in Los Angeles, where Honorees will win generous prizes donated by many of the ECA sponsors.
Rules & Terms
• Entrant must be an active member in good standing with Local 600, IATSE. Membership will be verified.
• Entrant must NOT be classified as a Director of Photography with Local 600.
• Films submitted must be no longer than 30 (thirty) minutes in length (including credits).
• There is a 2X winner maximum. Entrants who have been an Honoree twice do not qualify. Anyone previously recognized as Honorable Mention will qualify provided Honoree status has not reached the 2X maximum allowance.
• Entrant must have served as the Director of Photography on the majority of the short film being submitted.
• Films must be a stand-alone piece and not part of a bigger project.
• One (1) film submission per ICG member is allowed.
• All online information must be completed in its entirety. Missing information may result in disqualification.
Online submission through FilmFreeway only is accepted. No DVDs.
***Failure to meet any of the above entry requirements will result in disqualification***