The Dominican Film Festival celebrates the best in Dominican Cinema with the goal to enrich the artistic experience of New York's diverse cultural audience.
The Dominican Film Festival's mission is to promote the new generation of Dominican filmmakers as well as the established one, its film industry, and to strengthen the vital and expanding economic and cultural relationship with the United States.
We also aim to keep New York City audiences informed about the Dominican Cinema and its relation to the history, politics and social life of this country, as treated by the film makers, through the subjects and aesthetic approach they focus on.
Awards & Prizes
Audience Choice Award
Rules & Terms
1. The Dominican Film Festival in New York (DFFNYC) is organized by Cine Art Entertainment Productions Inc. and is responsible for the management and organization of the Festival.
2. The Sixth Annual Dominican Film Festival in New York will take place in July 2017 in Washington Heights.
3. The festival’s program will include (program subject to change):
- Main Showcase of Dominican Film
- Dominican Films from the Diaspora
- Special Presentations
- Shorts Films
4. Completed entry must be submitted by no later thanSaturday, April 1, 2017 11:59pm (EST)
5. The entry must be accompanied by a DVD screener or Download Link, print quality movie stills, hi-resolution production photos, offical film poster, and a complete Press Kit including synopsis, director’s photograph and biography. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NO BE ACCEPTED.
6. The films for the program are selected by the festival’s committee. If selected, the film producer or director must provide a movie trailer. The festival organizer reserves the right to select the films. Submitted films shall remain with Festival organization until the Festival concludes.
7. Sender of the film accepts to pay the cost of delivery to our office. Costs for returning the films to the entrant will be covered by the Festival and it will be returned to the address indicated by the entrant no later than two weeks once the festival is over.
8. The following media formats will be accepted for selected festival films: (2) Blu-ray DVDs with English/Spanish subtitles and a Digital File copy, ProRes format preferred, with English/Spanish subtitles.
9. All films must complete the entry form in order to be accepted into the festival and with all the promotional material necessary.
10. By submitting to the Dominican Film Festival in New York, all participants accept these rules and regulations and give the right to the festival organizers to use the image and sound/ music of the selected film for marketing purposes.
11. The Dominican Film Festival in New York is a project of Cine Art Entertainment Productions and is legally protected by New York City Law.