The festival for documentaries and short films is open now. We accept films in any genre. Through Documentary & Short International Movie Award, we hope to sustain and promote filmmakers, especially independent filmmakers around the world, to continue their creativity and produce their artworks; to inspire all filmmakers to never stop chasing their dreams in creating excellent movies and to participate in the film industry.
Documentary & Short International Movie Award opens its submissions from all filmmakers anywhere. We accept short and documentary films. Newcomers are welcomed. The films will be pre-selected before presented to a judging panel.
Awards & Prizes
The festival will be featuring screenings, filmmaking workshops, press conference and special guest appearances by filmmakers and celebrities. All winning filmmakers and their teams are warmly welcomed.
The juries will choose Best Film, Platinum & Gold Awards for selected outstanding films that meet their standards in production and performance and present the awards during the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta. Best film will be granted a statue during Awards Day in Jakarta, Indonesia. Regardless of their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
Rules & Terms
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. By submitting your film/s or screenplay to the Documentary & Short International Movie Award (the Festival), you are agreeing to all Terms and Conditions below in full.
1. The submitter/filmmaker guarantee that all rights and releases have been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A. If nominated, 2 DVD PAL and 1 (one) Blu-ray (optional) or DCP, must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with the title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices. Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
B. Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 3A through courier/post/professional transfer service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
5. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
6. Regardless of the Prize and the winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
7. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
8. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material should not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
9. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
10. The festival director may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
11. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
12. All filmmakers/submitter are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that the Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
13. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
14. We accept film and documentary film from students and newcomer. For newcomer director, he or she should state whether his/her film is his/her first, second, or third film. Students don’t have to state it and can submit any film, as long as he/she is still a student when making the film.
15. Films with various languages are welcome but must be added with English subtitle (or it can be dubbed into English).
16. We accept films from all genres.
17. Films could be from any year.
18. All submissions should be sent prepaid.
19. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
20. All submission fees are non-refundable.
21. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
22. The submitter/filmmaker acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
23. The submitter/filmmaker agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.
24. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the Festival shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.