Earn the chance to receive personalized project development advice from the brightest minds of Conscious Cinema today. In a blazing round of 20-minute speed meetings, participants will receive individualized advice from veteran film industry professionals and trailblazing creatives in the areas of screenwriting, production, finance, marketing and distribution for conscious filmmakers.
Founded on the premise that the language of film is universal and a dynamic force in carrying messages to the masses, ILLUMINATE showcases films destined to uplift, enlighten and transform. We are committed to promoting films that incorporate conscious themes into their story.
Regardless of the development status of your documentary or narrative feature, if your project connects on some level with body, mind, spirit or environmental consciousness, we want to know about it!
Visit our website to learn more about us: http://www.illuminatefilmfestival.com
2016 Mentors included:
Corinne Bourdeau - President, 360 Communications
Malcom Carter - Director/Writer/Producer/Editor
Jane Charles - Producer, Greater Good Entertainment (SOLD/StolenYouth.org)
Richard Cohn - President, Beyond Words
Anna Darrah - Distribution Strategy Consulting
Mark DeNicola - Writer and Director, Collective Evolution
Joanne Fishburn - Impact Producer
Jeremy Frindel - Director, One Track Heart
Scott Glosserman - Founder/CEO, Gathr
Bill Goodykoontz - Film Critic, Arizona Republic and Gannett News Service/USA Today
Simon Kilmurry - Executive Director, International Documentary Association
Michael Kuehnert - Director of Acquistions, The Video Project
Richard Lorber - CEO, Kino Lorber
Mary Murphy - Director of Outreach, 360 Communications
Dan Oberle - Editor, The Click Effect
Peter Rader - Producer, AWAKE: The Life of Yogananda
Dev Ross - Screenwriter
Sandy Smolan - Director, The Click Effect
Pat Solomon - Director, Finding Joe
Kate Wurzbacher - Director of VR photography
Maya Zuckerman - Founder, Transmedia SF and columnist Huffington Post
Awards & Prizes
5 to 7 lucky applicants will be invited to participate in the Conscious Cinema Accelerator to be held on the first weekend of June. You’ll receive advice on the development of your project from some of the brightest minds and most accomplished players on the Conscious Cinema circuit. This IS the award!!
But don’t take our word for it. 2015 participant, Theo Badashi, had this to say:
“The Accelerator Program was just an incredible opportunity to consult with elders in the film industry who understand how film and media can really activate and transform the planet. And, as a young filmmaker, to be in the presence of people with whom I can be fully honest about my own spiritual reality and about my creative desires was just incredibly refreshing.”
In addition, winning submissions will also be given one all-access pass to the Conscious Film Convergence. This “Convergence Pass” grants access to all ticketed Convergence events, three film screenings of your choice and Illuminate Film Festival's nightly receptions.
Did we mention the fact that this all takes place in the awe inspiring red rock foothills of Sedona, Arizona?
Rules & Terms
Your project must feature a mind-body-spirit or environmentally focused storyline (e.g. consciousness, wellness, self-discovery, human journey, environmental stewardship, mind-body science, spirituality, yoga, meditation, alternative medicine, organic and plant-based nutrition or sustainable living.)
Because this is a call for submissions that includes projects in development, applicants are asked submit answers to the following questions (see below.)
You may use FilmFreeway's optional cover letter function to do this.
>> WORK SAMPLE (10-minute max)
This might include a project trailer, project excerpts or even samples of prior work.
Please provide a link or upload this in FilmFreeway’s Digital Screener Options section.
>> 10 QUESTIONS (limit your answers to 150 words or less.)
1. What is your role on the team of your project in development?
2. List up to 5 credits of the film Director. Include film title, length and year of completion.
3. If you are not the Director, please tell us about your previous work.
4. Who are the key members of your team? List their relevant experience.
5. If you had 1 minute to tell us about your project, what would you say?
6. What stage have you reached with your project? Pre-production, production, post production? Have you cut a trailer, shot key scenes, developed a rough cut, or is your film complete?
7. Please provide information about your production schedule including your estimated completion date.
8. Tell us anything you can about your strategy for outreach and audience engagement. What do you want to make happen with your film?
9. Who is the primary target audience for this film and what impact do you envision?
10. Please explain any secured funding for this project. Include production funding and pre-sale from broadcasters, funding from foundations, individuals, not-for-profits and/or your own funds.
-------------- END of questions
You’ll be invited to participate in the Conscious Cinema Accelerator based on the strength of your application. Travel and accommodation not included.