CannaBus Culture Film Festival (CCFF) is a traveling cannabis themed indoor/outdoor film festival that shares in the positive aspects of cannabis culture through a shared community film screening experience. CCFF presents independent filmmaker's cannabis and hemp themed movies to places around your neck of the woods, or your favorite spot in town, to elevate and educate the community about the culture.
We either set up a Drive-In Theater, an Outdoor Theater at a park or a beach, or we arrange to have the screening in a Movie Theater in a city or town near you! We screen everything from narratives to documentaries along with genres like comedy, horror, science fiction, drama, and action.
The second stop on the CannaBus Culture Film Fest tour is Colorado in September! We're accepting more entries for the possibility of joining us for the rest of our tour.
Awards & Prizes
Prizes will be presented for award winning Features & Short Films in varying categories at this year's CannaBus Culture Film Festival (CCFF).
Our panel of judges will decide Best Feature Film & Best Short Film at this year's CCFF and will award them prizes.
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Audience Choice Award
Best VR Experience
Rules & Terms
*Cannabis doesn’t need to be the focus but should be related somehow to your movie.
*Feature length films are eligible for consideration if they have been made after January 1st, 2012.
*Feature length films will be ineligible if they have been made before the year date of 2012. Feature length films will be ineligible if they have been sold through distribution on DVD, or have been available to watch publicly online before the CannaBus Culture Film Festival. The creators of the CannaBus Culture Film Festival are allowed to bend these rules at any time on a case by case basis.
*For short films, there is no premiere requirement (films could have already played in the New York area and can appear online before the festival and are still eligible for consideration).
* Films that are 30 minutes or longer in length are considered feature films. Anything under 30 minutes is considered a short film.
* We only accept Online Submissions for preview screening. DVD's are allowed to be mailed per communication in email.
* Online submissions must be made through our "Contact Us" email form.
* More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by an official individual entry through FilmFreeway.
* If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide stills from the film; press materials; headshot and filmography of director; and video trailer (if available). Please do not send in press materials until asked to do so by the festival.
* DVDs and other submitted materials will not be returned. Please do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals.
* If you want confirmation that your entry has been received by the CannaBus Culture Film Festival, please include all contact information including, phone, email, and address stating you want confirmation.
* All film entries selected for the Festival grant the CannaBus Culture Film Festival the rights to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
* All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
* All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance no later then August 28th, 2017.
* NYCCFF reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
* Filmmakers will be notified no later then August 30th, 2017.
* We only accept Online Submissions for preview screening. DVD's are allowed to be mailed per communication in email (NTSC Region 1 only).
* Our cinemas will be running large venue HD digital projectors and we will require your film to be delivered for screening as an uncompressed video file, preferably uncompressed Quicktime files. You will be required to upload your uncompressed video file via a file sharing service you have access to, or via thumb drives sent in with pre-paid return envelopes.
*Priority is given to Medical Cannabis or Hemp documentary films.