The Canadian Diversity Film Festival is the premiere festival to celebrate diversity in Toronto, Canada. Our event will take place in Downtown Toronto, on June 30th, 2018 during the week of the Canadian Multiculturalism Day.
The Canadian Diversity Film Festival is a key event that celebrates our incredible diversity. Our aim is to bring diverse communities together to embrace our differences and discover our shared experiences. It is a focus through which filmmakers promotes, challenges and develops an understanding of equality, social justice, non-discrimination, diversity, and multiculturalism.
We accept all genres of films from all over the world. We create an opportunity for filmmakers to get their films judged and let them compete with other filmmakers. We perform a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films.
1. Submitted films are thoroughly reviewed by our jury
2. Films are selected to be "Official Selection" "Finalists" or "Not Accepted"
3. ONLY Finalists will screen at the Annual Event
4. Filmmakers will be notified if they have won on the Notification Date
Awards & Prizes
We only award the best independent filmmakers after a comprehensive evaluation process. Our judges evaluate the quality of filmmaking, creativity, and storytelling ability.
Official Selection receive laurels, and optional choice of trophy and certificate.
**Finalists will screen at the annual event and Winners will be chosen at the event.
Rules & Terms
Rules & Terms:
- All films must have been made in or after 2013.
- Entries must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Work in progress is accepted.
- Multiple entries are allowed for each filmmaker.
- Our entries do not compete against each other.
- Entree fees are non-refundable.
- Short films must be under 30 minutes and features should be 40 mins and more.
- Each film has to be submitted to at least one genre, then they qualify for additional categories. Films entered in multiple categories may win multiple awards.
- Online screeners and posters must be uploaded to FilmFreeway’s site.
- CDFF does not download your film or make it available online.
- Student films need to upload their ID on the submission page.