Medrar for Contemporary Art is accepting applications for the 8th Cairo Video Festival, which will take place in February, 2017.
Initiated by the Cairo-based artist initiative Medrar for Contemporary Art in 2005, this festival continues its focus on providing a platform for sharing and discussing newly produced high concept/low-budget experimental videos and films. Based on a call for works by emerging artists, the festival program takes the format of a concise series of video screenings, accompanied by talks and discussions with active video-makers and curators to tackle some of the key themes and issues presented in the works
Rules & Terms
Guidelines and conditions
- Individuals, groups, curators or associations are invited to participate.
- The number of entries by one author is limited to two works. Please note that you must submit a separate application form for each work submission.
- Documentary, feature or commercial videos are not accepted.
- Videos should be produced after January 2014, and no longer than 30 minutes of duration
- Screening of the submitted videos should not have any specific recommended format of installation
- The festival does neither offer screening fees, nor does it request any entry charges from applicants
- A committee appointed by the festival organizers will make the selection
All applicants will be notified of the status of their applications via email by 15 November 2016
- The organizing crew has the right to use the participating data within all promotional means and publications, with reserved copyrights
- All works submitted will be included in the festival’s video archive, and may be screened for retrospective research and/or educational (in no case commercial) purposes in the various screenings that might take place later. Medrar will not screen to public, give, sell or rent copies to other institutions or private persons interested without written consent by the producer of the video.
- Videos with narration in languages other than English and Arabic should have English or Arabic subtitles
- Videos missing the festival application form or sent by snail mail will not be regarded for entry
- The submission of the application form designates the acceptance of the terms and conditions of participation in the 8th Cairo Video Festival, and a declaration that the applicant holds all rights to the submitted material or has the permission of the legal owner of the rights to the submitted material (pictures, sounds, texts)