After running many special screenings and events at the Brightside Tavern, we decided to create an official screening series. Brightside Tavern Film Festival and Grove Film Festival have teamed up to create the Bright Grove Screening Series. This will be one night events with a feature film alongside short films, for an evening of films and networking.
We offer a fun relaxed festival atmosphere, showcasing quality films, while offering networking opportunities in a fun upbeat setting. The diverse array of films, selected by a committee, includes features and shorts from all genres, as well as documentaries and music videos. The screenings are followed by Q&A sessions with the filmmakers. The festival is hosted in Jersey City New Jersey; with an after party following the screenings, that includes networking for actors and filmmakers.
Our festival will be a one night event, with films screening in the screening room of the Brightside Tavern in Jersey City. Following the screenings will be a chance for filmmakers and actors to mingle, followed by an after party.
Awards & Prizes
All accepted films will be listed on our site.
Rules & Terms
Bright Grove Screening Series RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Bright Grove Screening Series categories are open to the United States and International entries.
2. All entries must submit preview screeners via online through FilmFreeway. Any other method must receive prior approval from the festival.
3. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
4. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
5. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
6. Entries must include contact information, submission tracking #, and both an email address and phone number if possible, on all DVD and Blu-Ray submissions.
7. For DVD and Blu-Ray submissions, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. DVD and Blu-Ray submissions will not be returned to the submitters.
8. Bright Grove Screening Series has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the Bright Grove Screening Series without paying screening fees.
9. If officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film via digital file or in DVD, Blu-Ray format.
10. Screening copies will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
11. Submitter acknowledges that this is a screening series and not a competition. Therefore, award certificates and trophies are not given.
12. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.
Submission fees are non-refundable.