The Annual Best of the Best Competition (BOTB), is looking for the Best of the Best in films and screenplays. The winner in each category receives $1000 prize to help promote their amazing work within the industry. You are competing against some of the best in the industry in a "Winner take all" competition. Now is your time to shine.
This worldwide competition strives to give emerging writers, filmmakers and actors an opportunity to compete based on their talent alone. If you feel that the work you have created is better than anything else out there, then this is the competition for you. Accepting submissions from all over the world, BOTB is open to an amazing array of talent from both established and emerging markets.
This is a film and screenplay competition. All preliminary judging is done by a panel of industry professionals and is open to the public to participate, but the film finalists will be screened in beautiful Santa Monica California and final judging will be made with voting by the attending audience.
SCREENING LOCATION – June 23, 2017 – 1PM to 5PM
The finalists in the Film competition will be screened in the Ocean Screening Room in beautiful Santa Monica, California the premier digital cinema in Santa Monica. What better place to see a film in summer than on the coast of sunny California. Here, you will experience a breathtaking vista of the Pacific Ocean from the theater entrance. Chosen by Universal, Disney, Paramount and Sony as the Santa Monica Academy Awards screening venue, Ocean Screening also screens for Grammy Awards as well as Sundance.
The Ocean Screening Room is located at 1401 Ocean Ave, 1st floor (cross street Santa Monica Blvd.). Ocean Screening shares the same building as Sushi Roku and Water Grill. The screening room is located on the lobby level. Directions can be found here:
This is an exclusive event for participants who are serious about moving forward with projects and will be an informal mix between actors, producers and directors. The people who hold the exclusive “Screening” tickets will be the final set of judges for the films that have progressed to the final round. They will decide which lucky filmmaker will take home the grand prize of $1000.
Discussion topics include how actors can make contact to directors and producers of indie films when they’re available and ready to work. Directors attending will include filmmakers who have active projects they want to move forward with. Producers attending will include representatives who are actively searching for key projects to invest in. Representatives from Fernleif Productions will also be in attendance looking for projects to expand their portfolio including films and talent for not only short films investment, but for additional talent for creating content for electronic games and applications. If your film is one films being screened, here is a great opportunity to show off your work to a captive audience and make great contacts for future projects.
Awards & Prizes
Both the Best of the Film Catogory and the Writing Category will each receive a cash prize of $1000.
Rules & Terms
1. Submissions must not have been previously optioned or purchased.
2. Submissions must be in English.
3. Submissions can be in any genre.
4. Submissions must be appropriate length for category entered.
5. Submissions must be formatted by industry standards.
6. All check payments must be payable in U.S. dollars to “Fernleif Productions” and drawn from U.S. banks. U.S. Money Orders are also accepted.
7. Any check returned to us for non-payment will be subject to a $15 service fee.
8. To enter the BIB Competition you must agree to its Terms and Conditions.
9. Film and Screenplay selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee. All decisions are final.
1. Please provide only one primary contact on your application form.
2. Title page should include Name, Address, Phone Number, email, WGA registration (if registered) and genre/type of submission.
3. In the event of multiple owners, any award will be divided equally among owners.
4. If you are sending your entry by mail and would like delivery confirmation, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard with your submission package.
5. BIB is not responsible for submission that are stolen or lost in transit.
To protect your intellectual property we suggest you register your work with the Writers Guild of America, west (www.wga.org or call 323 782 4500) and the US Patent and Trademark Office.