Designed in 2008 as a contemporary art fair or all Art-galleries were only obliged to submit the works of Artists in visual art, "Art show Cannes" becomes the "AVIFF-Art Film Festival" in 2010 with an initial selection of Artists'films assigned to Camillo Racana, "curator" for a "carte blanche" in Marrakesh in 2010, during the 10th edition of the film festival in December and in 2011 in Cannes during the 64 edition of the film festival in May.
The "AVIFF-Art Film Festival" Cannes has since become one of the preferred places of promoting contemporary art in the field of Artists' films associated with an emerging art market.
Artists such as:
David Kagan, Sebastian Diaz Morales, Marion Tampon-Lajarriette, Feltus- Feltus, Shaun El C. Leonardo , Masoud Moein ,Cayetana Vidal, Jennifer Ruff, Cristian Tonhaiser, Andrés Senra, Gian Godoy, Marcel van Eeden , Motomichi Nakamura, Tom Skipp, Osorio Suarez, Samira Eskandarfar, Sheila Concari, Rouzbeh Rachidi, Antti Laitinen, Bjørn Veno, Aziz + Coucher, Kika Nicolea, Elodie Lachaud, Joshua & Zachary Sandler, Nikos Giavropoulos , Julian Burgos, Majid Ma'soomi Rad, Pacôme Thiellement - Thomas Bertay, Risk Hazekamp, Anneè Olofsson, David Trullo, Mamali Shafahi, Anna Jermolaewa, Bennet Pimpinella, Nathan Baker, Tracy Moffat, Sabrina Montiel-Soto, Pierre et Jean Villemin, Hans Abbing, Marie Aerts, Anton Kotze, Franck Olivas , Marija Linciute , Azadeh Nilchiani, Frank Lovisolo-Guillard, Lerato Shadi , Daniel Nicolae Djamo , Isabelle Bonté, Virginie Foloppe, Laura Nillni, Yasmine Hajji , Benoit Dobbelaere , Christy Walsh , Diane Sara , Zahra Poonawala, Shahar Marcus , Pascale Lafay, Collectif Get, Juan Jose Herrera, Pavel Mrkus, Jiri Cernicky, Jan Chlup, Clinton Curtis-Querci & Carrie Beehan, Linda Ciharova, Jiri Cernicky, Bo Pang, Ran Slavin, Reynold Reynolds, Clorinde Durand, Denis Guéguin, Gérard Freixes Ribera, Venturelli Devis, Florent Cordier, Johnny Kelly, Max Hattler, Christian Goyon, Mihai Grecu, Nadia Vadori, Sébastien Trouvé & Bruno Lasnier, Antonin de Bemels, Cadgas Kahriman, Thomas Audissergues, Anina Schenker, Robert Croma, César Meneghetti, Marina Chernikova, Christophe Vareil, Catherine Nyeki, Chris Quanta, Dubus, Natalie Rich-Fernandez , Thomas Israel, Clémence Demesme, Dennis Da Silva, Bo Lee, Kalup Linzy, Aldo Lee, Anne Sophie Maignant, Benjamin Minot, Cayetana Vidal, David Law, Gabriel Feracci, Hiresh Kheirabadi, Ines Von Bonhors, Jing Wang, Juan Carlos Zaldivar, Koorosh Asgari, Mahmoud Nouraie, Yuri Pirondi, Simon Pole Andersson, Thomas Dorman & Ronnie Belcher, Luca Zuberbühler,charline branger, JUIM KIM, Magda Matwiejew, Pouya Eshtehardi, David Gesslbauer, Soda Seidel, Jonathan Doweck & Amir Yatziv, Elisabeth Silveiro,Juha Hansen, Giacomo Bolzani, Alisi Telengut, Reed O'Beirne, Kuesti Fraun, Daniel Hôpfner, Hakan Can, Abidani Meza, Masson Céline, Peter Hastie, Gero Doll, Rudolf Romero, Juha Hansen, Lidre23, Harry Arling, Isabella Gresser, Cláudio Jordão, Farnaz Jurabchian & MohammadReza Jurabchian, Christophe Loyer, Adrien Marquez Velasco, Amiran Dolidze, Nicolas Corman, Alexander Isaenko, Ana Urushadze, Jan Eilhardt, Michèle Laverdac, Ivan Tasic, Mohamed Hekal, Thanasis Neofotistos, D.R. Garrett, Chloé Meunier, Babak Habibifar, Christina Pavesi, Karim Ouaret, Katia Roessel,Janja Rakus, Won KANG,Raya Kim, Kohei Matsumura, Evguenia Men, Andy Oxley & Joshua Gaunt, André Rinke, Daniel Bean, Frigge Volander Himmelstrup,Ying-Fang Shen, Julia Kolesnik, Wang Fang, Xia Mu, Wang Xin, Li Ming, Cheng Ran, Li XiaoFei, Xu Zhe, Chen Hangfeng, Qiu Anxiong, Wu Ding , Elian, Li Liao , Wu Chao, Mujin , Hu QingTai, Ni Weihua, Liang Yue, Hsu Che-Yu, Ye Linghan, Chia-Wei Hsu , Yang Zhenzhong, Rick Fisher , Ehsan Fardjadniya, Abigaël Sacks, Devulapalli Chakravarty, Samantha Dillehay, Lindsay Greer, Cyrus Trafford, Bruno Gradaschi, Awat Ali, Joseph Paris,Paulien Branke, Davide Minotti, Orazio Leogrande, Zachary Whitmore, Lisbeth Kovacic, Zhongsu, Yin Kei Chueng, Mona Lisa Ali, Céline Trouillet, Denis Volte, Animation Team, Priyanka Das, Luisa Puterman, Stewart Collinson, Ignacio F.Rodo, Francesca Fini, Luka Curcic, Aurele Ferrier, Charles M Pepiton, Danila Luppino , Denis Bador, Eeva Siivonen, Engin Poyraz , Ima Irani , John Woodman , Karolina nieduza, Kiah Keya, Maria Tarentino, Mark John Ostrowski , Mia Forrest, Molly Kellog , Richard Martin , Rola Shamas, Roland Graf Robert Platt, Ursula Nawrot, Laura-Lynn Petrick, Max Miecchi, Karl Schirnhofer, Liberty Antonia Sadler, Monet Clark, Klaus Bobach, Sandra Bastasic & Damian Nenadic, Danielle Zorbas, LI Zong Jhan, Addo Gustaf, Gonzalo Hergueta, Martín Klein, Ariana Gerstein,Roxana Vilk, Kristin Reeves, Cecilia Araneda, Robert Cambrinus, Harriet Feigenbaum, Orit Ben-Shitrit, Patricia Silva, Lisa Birke, Yuri Muraoka, Emilie Cussins, Jeremy Camps, Brunilda Casterjon, Dee Hood Hood..........
have presented their Art- films in the AVIFF official selection at Cannes since 2011.
Only films never before shown in France are retained. The selection is made by a committee that changes each year and decides the annual official program.
Awards & Prizes
3 non competitive awards are given out by the president of the Jury & selection committee
The Selection Committee is the jury for the awards.
Rules & Terms
ART FILM FESTIVAL 2018
2 days on May and a night, AVIFF “Art Film Festival” presents in Cannes for its first showing in France, a new selection of Artists’ Films during the Film Festival of Cannes.
RULES § CONDITIONS
Please read and sign the following conditions before filling in the registration form.
1. Registration fee for AVIFF: 20€ / film
2. Artists are welcome to submit more than one work.
Only creative works will be considered.
Only works never previously presented in France will be accepted.
3. In order to achieve a preset, the video will be sent online to the organizer on specific internet platforms which will be linked on the page AVIFF Programme 2018
Each sending must be labelled with the following information:
Title, director’s full name, running time, B&W or colour, soundtrack, subtitles.
If possible the video will have a French subtitle version
Post mailings will not be considered, unless otherwise agreed and subject to conditions.
4. Each work will be attached to one entry per shared folder with the following files, written in French and English where necessary:
• The registration form completed in block capitals, and marked by hand “read and approved” above the signature
• A summary of the artist’s career
• A brief curriculum vitae along with a full list of works, awards and exhibitions
5. The selection of works sent is made by vote of the selection committee of the AVIFF composed of five independent members, including a chairman. This committee is renewed each year and is also AVIFF jury for the Price Aviff Art Film Festival.
The final selection will be published online on mid-February
SCREENINGS § SUBMISSION OF MEDIA AFTER NOTICE OF SELECTION
When the selection of a film has been confirmed, artists, or their agent, should send, within 10 days at the latest following the announcement of his selection:
-a DVD and a certificate of authenticity handwritten by normal post for the AVIFF
collection at the company Art & Shine
- a downloaded link for the file, formats HD, of his work and a trailer of 1mn of his work for the promotion and communication of AVIFF.
The Artist will also provide a Still photo of his work Jpeg 300 dpi and numeric copy of the certificate of authenticity
6. The screenings will be on screen (s)
The screenings will be held daily on a schedule defined by the number of selected films and their duration
The entrance is by invitation only
7. The organizer reserves the right to edit:
-An AVIFF catalogue. Each page will feature an artist, an overview of his/her background, a brief CV, a summary of each work and an image of each submitted video.
-A numbered, limited issue DVD case collector, with all or part of the works selected by AVIFF. This Collector’s edition, limited to 100 numbered copies, will be offered for promotional purpose.
RELEASE / DOCUMENTATION / EDITION / RIGHTS and OBLIGATIONS
8. Artists agree to waive their right to royalties for the duration of the festival.
Excerpts of selected videos may be used for any promotional purposes (catalogue, programme, invitation, written press, internet, TV).
9. All selected works may be used for promotional purposes in cultural events in France or abroad. The works will not be used for commercial purposes.
10. All selected works may be used for promotional purposes in festivals and events in France and abroad.
11. All selected work will enter the permanent collection of the AVIFF.
12. Any work sold during & after the AVIFF will result in a return of 33% of the sale for the benefit of the organizer Art § Shine sarl.
A 12- month follow- law is accepted by the artist or their representative, who agree to report any relevant sale to the organizer within 15 days
13. In case of sale of the work done by the organizer Art & Shine, direct sales, auction or other sale, the company will retain 25% commission on the selling price of the work and whatever the date of such sale
14. All rights on videos remain the property of the author. The author asserts, in its sole and complete the full right of use of the materials that make up the work: images, sounds, and videos. The author engages his sole liability for any violation of copyright laws
15. The artist deed of gift to AVIFF collection the original copy of his/her work(s) selected, and its DVD. The deed of gift not behind in any way a transfer of right, but certify exclusively the willingness of the author to donate a copy of his/her works to the AVIFF.
THE SIGNING OF THE REGISTRATION FORM IS TO BE TAKEN AS THE UNRESERVED ACCEPTANCE OF THE ENTIRE CONTENTS OF THESE RULES § CONDITIONS BY THE SIGNATORY
Signature and stamp of the artist
Legal signature preceded by the handwritten words: ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..
"Read and approved, in good agreement"
Art § Shine 2354 Av du Grand Défends 83700 Boulouris, France
RCS: 511 656 498 R.C.S.Fréjus - N°Edition CNC : EDV 2453
firstname.lastname@example.org Site : www.art-film-festival.com