MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We're here to promote the art of screenwriting and filmmaking in the world of sports and competition.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
Whether it is a dramatic or comedic piece, we want screenwriters and filmmakers to share their great stories in regards to the world of sports. We felt that creating this festival would give the many sports fanatics out there an outlet for their love of competition.
Some people have asked us to define "sports". Well, we want to include any subject that deals with mental and physical competition for the sake of winning a prize (and not killing anyone along the way to do it). So we're ready to watch and read any stories from auto racing and badminton to spelling bees and chess.
We ask that your film's plot revolve around a competitive theme. We ask to see something other than a film with a sports scene in it that doesn't involve the story line.
Our jury and judges are well respected people in the film and sporting industry. We'll be adding more so check our website periodically to see the updates.
Having your film or screenplay in the festival may open doors that may not be available to you. We can’t promise sudden fame and fortune but we’ll so our best to get you noticed.
This is the sixth year of the festival and we hope to continue to grow. We are proud to be screening our films at the Regal 14 Stadium at LA Live.
Awards & Prizes
Sweet Bobblehead Trophies.
Rules & Terms
Because of the number of entries received, not all entries can be publicly screened during the Festival. A pre-screening committee, comprised of filmmakers, screenwriters, sports enthusiasts and other artists associated with the All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival, will pre-screen each entry to determine which works are selected for screening during the Festival.
Please check DVD submissions to make sure they will play on standard playback machines. Please do not affix any paper label directly to the DVD disc.
I, the undersigned, acknowledge and agree as follows: 1. I have read, understood and complied with all eligibility requirements of the categories for which I would like this film to be considered; 2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true; 3. This film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation; 4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Festival and it's Competition; 5. I hold the All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print to or from the Festival or otherwise during the course of the Festival's possession of the film. I certify that I hold all necessary rights for this submission and accept the regulations of the All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival.
All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival is accepting submissions through FilmFreeway and direct payments via the mail.
1.The film submitted must not be subject to litigation nor threatened by litigation. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival ("The Festival") and its Competition, if applicable.
2. I hold The Festival harmless from damage to or loss of the print en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film and agree to provide The Festival a print of the film at my own risk and/or provide my own insurance to cover loss and/or damage of the print.
3. I agree that all materials will be sent prepaid and understand and agree that neither fees, submission videos, nor materials will be returned whether or not my film is accepted.
4. I understand/agree that acceptance of my film does not guarantee airline or hotel accommodations for talent or production crew.
5. I understand/agree that the number of screenings, days, venues is at the sole discretion of The Festival.
6. All information included on this submission application will be utilized in the program guide and the website. Any corrections must be received in writing by October 3, 2014. Changes will not be made after this date. The Festival will not be responsible for handwritten interpretations or typos.
7. We will not transfer PAL format for viewing - only forward NTSC format.
8. The Festival reserves the right to change screening times and locations at their discretion.
9. Films being entered must not have been broadcast (TV) or exhibited commercially in the U.S. prior to The Festival.
All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival (ASLAFF) Official Competition Information
1. There is no additional fee if your film is selected for official competition. Competition films are selected by a panel of judges. Competition categories are the following:
Best Biopic Feature Screenplay
Best Original Feature Screenplay
Best Original Family Feature Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Super Short Film
Best Feature Documentary Film
Best Short Documentary Film
Best Super Short Documentary Film
Best Animated Short Film
Best Animated Super Short Film
2. All films shown at the ASLAFF will be included in the competition for Audience Favorite Award.
3. We will notify you by approximately September 30, 2014 if your film has been selected for inclusion in the All Sports Los Angeles Film Festival. Please, no phone calls.