Auckland International Film Festival is more than just a Film Festival; it is a strong connection among all film-makers around the world who will be experiencing the upcoming long or short feature films as the future of Film Industry. We are committed to bringing best quality films were meant to be experienced: on the big screen, with the people who made them.
AIFF strives to be a year-round festival where the team of experts from Film Industry believes in art as the best lens that captures through an eye of creative genius. Our contribution is to provide brave and talented independent filmmakers based in anywhere in the world to the realm of exposure, opportunity, and distribution. For those who demonstrate mastery in the craft of filmmaking, we salute them and provide various opportunities that will help them to continue their work.
The objective of the Film Festival is to provide support independent film-makers through reviewing, judging, marketing, and distribution networking, and trying to overcome any other obstacles which potentially hinder the artist’s ability to create. We accept all genres of films across the globe. All the films will go through the three stage reviewable process by our highly qualified and experienced jury who will go through a comprehensive evaluation process and select only high-quality films.
We are a team of very friendly staff and believe in giving an excellent customer service to Film-Makers and we are happy to help you at any stage from submission to the end stage of announcing winners at the Annual Event. We will try to be in touch with you within 24 hours to resolve any queries related to your film or submission. We are very excited to review your film and observe the detailed creativity of your work.
Rules & Terms
RULES & TERMS:
You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, film length, entry material and other requirements.
1. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles.
2. Short Film Entries should not exceed 40 minutes in duration excluding titles provided the titles don’t last for more than 1 extra minute.
3. Films previously entered into and screened at our festival are not eligible for re-entry in subsequent years.
4. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the AIFF Preview and Selection Committees, appointed by the festival steering committee. Their reports are final and confidential. All films received, which meet our criteria, and only winning films from the following categories - BEST FILM, BEST SHORT FILM, BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM, BEST DOCUMENTARY, BEST SHORT DOCUMENTARY, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ANIMATION, BEST MUSIC VIDEO will be screened at the festival.
5. In the event of a film being withdrawn, AIFF will not be liable to refund the fee or return the materials entered.
6. AIFF will attempt to resolve any technical matter related to submission. For more information and queries, contact.
7. One entry fee per category. The same film can be entered into one or more categories, but each category requires an entry fee. If the filmmaker chooses to enter more than one category with the same film, please add an incremental numerical addendum in brackets after the title; i.e. “Film Title” (1), “Film Title” (2) etc as the system requires this differentiation in the case of multiple entries with the same title.
8. Student Filmmakers are encouraged to apply with their student identity in order to prevail occasional discounts.