The AFME Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that produces the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFME). Born, raised and nurtured by the entire Albuquerque community, we invite you to BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
AFME brings award-winning filmmakers, screenwriters, musicians, artists, distributors, industry experts, producers, casting directors and visionaries together from around the world to celebrate the art of storytelling and collaborate into the future.
The AFME Foundation brings together world-renowned and local filmmakers and musicians with high school and college students to provide educational and cultural opportunities. We support Albuquerque becoming an epicenter for film, music and the arts.
To enhance cultural richness by bringing together experts with novices for educational exchanges of mutual benefit, provide entertainment for the community and contribute to Albuquerque’s creative economy.
Going into its 5th year, AFME is an advocate for the educational advancement of film, music, spoken words and all other art forms, hosting an average of 6,600 attendees per year since our inception in 2013. We present domestic and international movies, engaging industry panels and workshops, exciting networking events, concerts and an extraordinary platform to build strong personal and professional relationships.
On behalf of the AFME Foundation Board of Directors, our Staff and Volunteers, THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING AND BEING PART OF THE EXPERIENCE!
For a listing of Past Attendees, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/past-participants
Awards & Prizes
Statuettes, budgeting and producing software packages and certificates are presented for the following categories at the Closing Awards Ceremony:
Robert & Sibylle Redford Creative Achievement Award
AFME Lifetime Achievement Award
AFME Impact Award
AFME Visionary Award
AFME Music Award
Best Actor Award
Best Actress Award
Best Director Award
Best New Mexico-made Movie
Best Music Video
To view Past Award Winners, please visit www.abqfilmx.com/award-winners
Rules & Terms
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting to the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience, filmmakers understand the terms and conditions and have read the below guidelines.
The following will apply IF my movie is selected:
1. My movie will be screened during the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
2. My exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to AFME electronically (preferred method), or shipped (at filmmaker's expense) in BluRay or DVD format no later than Saturday, April 15, 2017. IF YOUR SCREENING/EXHIBITION COPY IS NOT RECEIVED BY THIS DATE, IT WILL NOT BE SCREENED AS PART OF OUR PROGRAM. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Once again, if your movie is not received by April 15, 2017 in screening/exhibition format, it WILL NOT be screen at AFME 2017.
3. My movie may be utilized for promotional purposes by AFME, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with AFME.
4. A sample clip of my movie (up to 30 seconds in length) may be promoted via the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience website, ticketing site utilized by AFME, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, or any other social media site with respect to promoting AFME and the screening of my movie.
5. I permit AFME to use my name and stills from my movie (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all movie submissions:
1. AFME retains the right to archive the submitted file BluRay or DVD screener copy of my movie in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
2. AFME will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review submissions, which may include my movie.
3. AFME will not return any DVD or Blue Ray screening copy submissions unless filmmaker requests and pays for shipping when the dvd/bluray/hard drive/thumb drive is sent to AFME in screening/exhibition format. A prepaid, self addressed envelope will be provided to AFME if filmmaker wants movie shipped back to them.
4. AFME does not provide refunds on submission fees.
You must complete a separate submission if submitting more than one movie. Entry fees are per movie entered, and must accompany the entry form or online confirmation. IF utilizing the manual submission form from our website, make checks/money orders payable to AFME Foundation or Albuquerque Film & Music Experience. Films previously entered may not be resubmitted without substantial changes.
Entries are accepted in the following formats: DVD, Blu-ray or digital file. Please note: Digital files are preferred for screening purposes. We do not accept VHS for screening purposes.
IF submitting by DVD(s) and Blu-ray(s), they must be labeled (preferably using permanent marker/ink) with film title, filmmaker name, phone, email and date of final version.
If mailing your film(s) please include the following: TWO (2) copies of your film, entry form/confirmation with payment and a synopsis. Do not include press kits of any kind or packing popcorn/styrofoam. We recommend mailing your film(s) via the post office, Fedex or UPS.
AFME prefers ALL movies be submitted electronically for the screening team review.
All submitting filmmakers will be notified regarding acceptance between March 20th and March 25, 2017 by the email address provided at the time of submission.
If your film is selected for AFME, you may be asked to provide a final exhibition file, BluRay or DVD copy by APRIL 15, 2017 unless otherwise informed.
All filmmakers whose work is accepted into the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience and who are attending the festival MUST have a smile on their face, play nice with others and BE PART OF THE EXPERIENCE during their time in Albuquerque. NO EXCEPTIONS!