The State of New Mexico Film Office invites entries for the 2017 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase. THIS COMPETITION IS OPEN TO NEW MEXICO RESIDENTS ONLY. This is a yearly juried competition of New Mexico made films. This two-day event offers local filmmakers the opportunity to have their short or feature length work shown on the big screen. There is no fee to submit and all screenings are free to attend.
Rules & Terms
2017 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase RULES OF ENTRY
1.Entrant MUST be a New Mexico resident. (A copy of the entrant’s NM Driver’s license, NM ID, and/or a student ID is required)
2.Films Must have been completed on or after October 25, 2015.
3. Films 120 minutes or less will be accepted.
4. Only one (1) entry per person or Production Company.
5. Films must be submitted via FilmFreeway and include a downloadable link. If password-protected you must provide the appropriate credentials.
6. Films shown in the previous year’s showcase, PSAs, commercials or compilation reels are not eligible.
7. Submissions MUST have a credit sequence included in the film.
8. Films selected for the final showcase must have New Mexico end crawl logo (provided by NM Film Office).
9. The New Mexico Film Office (NMFO) has the right to reject entries with excessive violence, sexual content, hard language, drug abuse, culturally sensitive material or a combination of the above. The NMFO will determine what is “excessive.”
10. Accepted films are required to provide an electronic press kit including:
- 1 Movie poster
- 2 production stills, images that accurately represent the look of the film (NOT on set photos) for promotional purposes.
- All photos should be print-quality (300dpi) files.
- Director’s photo and a short biography/filmography, 150 words or less.
- Director’s statement about the film, 150 words or less.
- Credits list
11. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. By submitting your film for consideration to the 2017 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase, you are telling us that you have full authority to do so, that the film is cleared for potential festival exhibition, and that you accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. That, as entrant you are the copyright holder, you have rights to all included music and have public performance permission. Submitting your film to us constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2017 New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase.
12. If your film is accepted to be part of the program, you will do your best to work with us to have the film’s director and other key personnel (actors, writers, producers, etc) attending the festival to present the film and interact with the NMFO audience.
13. The New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Showcase for promotional purposes.
14. You shall also indemnify and hold harmless the New Mexico Filmmakers Showcase from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
NMFO does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
By submitting your film, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.
IF ENTRANT FAILS TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE RULES, THE ENTRY WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.