EFF is an international film festival for unconventional independent film, organised at several vibrant locations in Eindhoven (NL).
In a world that is rapidly changing, we feel it’s important to move along. As a festival we put focus on the experience and like to challenge the audience as well as the makers to question the medium film, in order to stimulate innovative productions that really wow.
The 8th edition will take place from the 29th of November to the 2nd of December in the city center. Eindhoven is an innovative city with a worldwide top position in technology, design and knowledge.
During these days we show you unconventional independent films varying from experimental shorts to breathtaking documentaries. We love to show the pearls of Eindhoven and are very proud to also present work of talented film makers from all over the world. Besides an extensive film program you can enjoy a broad variety of film related extras like live film scores, workshops and talks. Lean back and activate your senses during EFF 2018!
Eindhoven Film Festival:
• Likes to be a catalyser for innovations in film, i.a. by mixing various disciplines and encouraging filmmakers to experiment regardless of traditions and clichés. We use the festival as a playground/laboratory where filmmakers as well as the audience are encouraged to make the imaginable possible.
• Likes to redesign the way we experience film in collaboration with the filmmakers as well as the audience.
• Loves to show the diversity of the medium. Therefore we’re always looking for films that question the boundaries of traditional filmmaking.
• Wants to turn Eindhoven into a furtive breeding ground for innovative film productions, national as well as international.
• Aims to broaden peoples perspective on society by showing unconventional (fictive/(hyper)real) stories straight from the heart of the filmmakers.
• Strives for inclusiveness. Eindhoven counts about 150 nationalities. We feel it’s important that the different cultures in Eindhoven feel at home and represented at the festival.
The EFF Jury Awards:
• Best Film
• Best Documentary
• Best Animation
• Best Experimental
• Best Sound-design
• Best Director
• Best Art-direction
• Best Music
• Best Editing
• Best Cinematography
• Best Scenario
• Best Actress
• Best Actor
• Best Brabant Talent
• Public's Choice Award
• Jury Extra Award
CONDITIONS EFF 2018
• Every film should be completed for display after the 1st of January 2017.
• EFF selects fiction, animation, experimental and documentary films.
• The submitter is solely responsible for compliance with the laws of the Netherlands.
The festival is not liable for any violations.
• The film must be submitted before the 2th of September 2018.
• The film must be subtitled in English or Dutch. If the film is in English,
we don't necessarily need english subtitles - but we prefer it.
• The (digital) submitted material (the trailer or the movie, synopsis and stills from your film) can be used for publicity purposes of Eindhoven Film Festival.
• The organisation of EFF has decision-making authority, in the event of unclear or unforeseen situations in this regulation, different decisions can be made.
•Results can’t be corresponded or discussed.
• All films must be submitted by this website (Filmfreeway.com)
• Later (before 20th of October) send a DCP file when your film is selected.
• All attached documents will not be returned.
• Movies that show a technical error or stuttering, are not selected.
• The jury that makes the selection for the EFF 2018, is anonymous. There are no statements made about them and nothing will be corresponded or discussed on the reason why a movie is or is not selected. All participants will receive a letter (mail) with the decisive result.
1. Upload your film to Filmfreeway for screening before the 2nd of September.
2. Add 2 film stills that are at least 300 dpi and that are preferably CMYK instead of RGB.
3. Add a digital English synopsis with a maximum of 40 words.
4. On the 1st of October you get confirmation that your film is selected or turned down for the EFF and if it's nominated for a Golden Wings award.
5. Send in your DCP before the 20th of October.
We need the DCP for screening at our festival.
6. Also send us a copy of your film as a MOV or MP4 file.
Please note that this file will be used for promotional use only.
7.Please fill in a complete list of cast & crew members. When your film or crewmember is nominated for an award we need to have this detailed information.
Anyone who submits a film for EFF thereby agrees with being the holder of the rights of the film or have the rights of the film another way.
By subscribing and sending a film to the EFF, the filmmaker thereby agrees that the film was not made for commercial purposes with commercial money and is therefore an independent production.
When your film is selected for the Eindhoven Film Festival (notification 1st of October). You will then have 2 weeks to send in the DCP to us, so we can check it for errors. Deadline is the 20th of October. If we don't have the DCP on our deadline, your selection (or nomination) can be cancelled. Please contact us if you need help with your DCP.
On http://isdcf.com/dcnc/ you can check how to name the DCP-file that you are going to send us. All files must be named consequently by the Digital Cinema Naming Convention. See http://isdcf.com/dcnc/
We need the DCP with subtitles on it. If the film is in English - we don't necessarily need English subtitles - but we prefer it.
An anonymous 'pre-selection' jury selects and nominates the films for EFF 2018.
The 'professinal jury' will have the final say in choosing it's winners.
The EEF has the right to place your entry in a different category than subscribed. If the fee for this category is higher, we have to charge the difference. If the fee is lower we will NOT refund the fee. Results can’t be corresponded or discussed.
All participants are notified by mail.
If your film is selected for the EFF, you will receive a free day ticket to visit the festival.
Nominated filmmakers from outside of the Netherlands will be invited to the festival.
We will support your stay in Eindhoven, not your travel expenses.
By subscribing and sending a film to the EFF, the filmmaker thereby accepts and agrees to the General terms and conditions.