We are an independent festival which screens films from North America, but pays special attention New Jersey movies. We plan to devote a day to screening films that appeal to audiences over 50, as well. We like to bring at least one person from Hollywood/New York as an honoree. Past guests have included Kevin Smith, Robert Downey, Sr. Terry Winter, Peter Dobson, Blanche Baker, William Forsythe, Chris Mulkey, Brian O'Halloran, Scott Schwartz, Al Sapienza Tom Malloy, Louis Mandylor and Dominique Swain.
Trophies for films; cash prizes and possible software for screenplays.
• Judges will select up to 25 winners for the one-minute film to be shown in the One Minute Film Festival during the festival in October.
• Entry fees will not be returned.
• Downbeach Film Festival/Atlantic City Cinefest reserves the right to impose a $20 surcharge for returned checks.
• Filmmaker agrees that he/she will be solely responsible for the delivery of his/her film materials to and from the festival venue.
• Films must originate in North America.
• Entry title and name of entrant must be on all materials.
• Photographs and press kit will be needed if a film is accepted.
• I agree :
1. to the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
2. this film is not subject to litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
3. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the Downbeach Film Festival/Atlantic City Cinefest;
4. to hold the Downbeach Film Festival/Atlantic City Cinefest harmless from damage to or loss of the DVD;
5. to hold the venue harmless from damage to or loss of the DVD;
6. to certify that I hold all necessary rights for this submission;
7. if chosen, I give Downbeach Film Festival/Atlantic City Cinefest permission to stream portions of my video on the official website, and use clips on a promotional trailer;
8. if chosen I give Downbeach Film Festival/Atlantic City Cinefest the right to include my film in accompanying promotional literature. I realize that the festival will not compensate me financially.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SCRIPT SUBMISSION
• Winners will receive software for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Cash prizes awarded based on total amount of submission fees.
• Various prizes for each category are dispensed only if deemed worthy by judges.
• Screenplays must be unproduced.
• Entrants must fill out entry form.
• All authors’ names should be listed on the entry forms.
• You may submit multiple entries; each screenplay submitted must include its
own separate entry form and fee.
• Scripts must be submitted via .pdf file or hardcopy on white paper in standard industry format bound with at least two brads. Feature scripts must be between 80
and 120 pages; Short scripts from 10 to 40 pages. Pages must be numbered.
• It is the responsibility of the screenwriters to ensure work is protected via
copyright or Writers Guild registration. Visit www.wga.org
Payment in the form of a check made payable to the Downbeach Film Festival must be sent with this application, release form and script.
• If you would like notification upon receipt of your materials, please include a
self-addressed stamped postcard.
• Scripts and materials will not be returned.
• Entrants retain all rights to their screenplays.
Response from festival:
Thank you for this response Michael. We actually give all festival passes to screenplay winners. If you paid you shouldn't have. And if you did, I wonder who you spoke with when you arrived.
As for attendance, we've tried to figure out the magic key to draw attendance, other than being able to spend thousands on advertising, which is not feasible. We do know local sells to a large degree. And it isn't just us. I've attended other festivals in which there was scant attendance at some screenings.