Daddy Deshmukh Short Film Festival Is arranged in the memory of Late Shri. Daddy Deshmukh Known as " Dadasaheb Falke Of Vidarbha"
In 1979’s Daddy Deshmukh Produced a iconic Marathi Movie “Devaki Nandan Gopala“ which was honored By “Dadasaheb Falke Award “and ” FilmFare Award” of the state. Film was selected in panorama dept.of Dehli festival and also selected for American festival. His next movie “Raghu Maina”
Starring Nana Patekar & Ashok Saraf alos got“ Dadasaheb Falke Award “of the state.
This festival is arranged to provide platform for upcoming short film makers in all manners and to find out the hidden talent in Vidarbha.
1st prize - 21000
2nd prize -15000
3rd prize -10000
Terms & Condition
The short film must have been completed after 1st January 2010
1) Applicant can send the Film in DVD or in Pen Drive (Video Format .MP4 or .MOV) to the festival Address.
2) Entries MUST be PAL format only.NTSC is NOT accepted.The DVDs must be in .MP4 or .MOV format.The Festival Management will not be responsible if film is not screened due to problem with the DVD or with the pen Drive.
3) The film can be social short film or Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non – fiction or Animation.The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16 mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U – MATIC, DV, DVD, but the film must be available on DVD or in PEN DRIVE for presentation or preview purpose.
4) Total running time must be less than 20 minutes in length, including front and back credits.There is no minimum running time limitation.
5) The short film can be in Hindi English Marathi language.
6) Censor Certificate is not mandatory for the film screening.
7) Two DVD’s OR one PEN- DRIVE need to be submitted along with the entry.Each Preview DVD should be labelled with the Title, Running – time, Contact E- mail and Phone number.If applicant is sending film in a PEN DRIVE separate paper need to send with Entry Form mentioning the Title, Running – time, Contact E- mail and Phone number of the application and Producer/ Director of the film.
8) Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, preview DVD (OR PEN DRIVE), synopsis / description, should be enclosed.Each film is considered as a new entry.
9) DDSFF organization has right to use the entries / send / selected / nominated films, DVD and materials from the film for Festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
10) Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until festival is over.
11) The publicity material (Broacher, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry.Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant.The Festival will not be responsible or borne to pay if the Courier stuck with the department.
12) Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant.
13) The Festival will not pay any custom duty or registration to the Custom department at the Indian aviation authority, if the parcel is returned to the applicant because of that the festival organisation will not be held liable for any such circumstances.
14) Judges Decision Will Be Final at Any Condition