IV EDITION OF THE ARMADIÑA SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
Call for entries for the IV edition of the Armadiña Short Film Festival. It will be held
from 12th to 18th November 2018 at Poio.
BEST SHORT FILM “Golden Anchor”: “Golden Anchor” trophy + 1000 €
PUBLIC AWARD “Silver Anchor”: “Silver Anchor” trophy + 500 €
ANIMATION SHORT FILM AWARD: “Special Animation Anchor” trophy + 500 €
ENVIRONMENTAL SHORT FILM AWARD: “Special Environmental Anchor” trophy + 500 €
BEST VIDEOCLIP AWARD: a certifying trophy + 300 €
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.The Festival will be held between 12 and 18 November 2018 at Casal de Ferreirós
(Poio). The Festival is open to Spain and Portugal and submission is free of charge.
The main aim of this edition is to integrate people with intellectual disabilities.
2.There is no limit to the number of short films an individual, film production or film
promotion company can enter.
3.Promotional and advertising films are not eligible. The juries will exclude any film
which may be offensive or discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin,
physical disability, sexual orientation or age).
4.The Festival consists of four sections: Official Section, Environmental Section,
Animation Section and Videoclip Section.
5.Official Section is open to short films completed after 1 January 2017 and not
selected for official competition in previous editions.
6.Maximum running time of the films will be of 20 minutes, including titles and
7.Short films must be submitted in one of the official languages from Spain and
Portugal. They should include Galician or Spanish subtitles if the filming language is different to those. Films selected for official competition must be subtitled in
Galician or Spanish in order to integrate deaf community.
8.All film genres are accepted.
9.This section is open to films completed after 1 January 2016 and not selected for official competition in previous editions.
10.Maximum running time of the films will be of 20 minutes, including titles and
11.Short films must be submitted in one of the official languages from Spain and
Portugal. They should include Galician or Spanish subtitles if the filming language is different. All films must be subtitled in Galician or Spanish in order to integrate deaf community.
12.This section is open to short films which depict our environment or everything that surrounds us, which involves natural, social and cultural values presents at a specific time and place and which affects or conditions our way of life and our planet.
13. This section is open to animated short films completed after 1 January 2017 and not selected for official competition in previous editions.
14. Maximum running time of the films will be of 20 minutes, including titles and
15. Short films must be submitted in one of the official languages from Spain and
Portugal. They should include Galician or Spanish subtitles if the filming language is different to those. All films must be subtitled in Galician or Spanish in order to
integrate deaf community.
16. This section is open to musical videoclips completed after 1 January 2017 and not
selected for official section in previous editions.
17. Maximum running time of the films will be of 10 minutes, including titles and
18. Videoclips can be sent by a link or an attached file to
19. Videoclips must come from bands or artists speaking Galician language.
20. Short films should be submitted via the online platform https://filmfreeway.com
. Submission period will be open between 1 June and 15
July 2018. Although participating in the Festival is free, platforms may charge a fee for processing the registration.
21. In order to be preselected, short films must be uploaded in the following format:
• Digital format: .mov, mp4 or .ogv
• Minimum resolution: 480p
• Audio: AAC or OGC
• Embedded subtitles (Galician or Spanish)
• Files must not exceed 2 GB size.
22. Uploaded files will become part of the collection of ACDeM Armadiña and the
municipality of Poio. The organisation undertakes to use these copies exclusively for its own cultural, non-commercial purposes.
23. Short films selected for competition will be announced on the Festival website
(http://curtas.armadinha.gal) approximately one month before the start of the
24. Screening format will be .mov, .ogv or mp4, FULL HD resolution 1920×1080p; AAC or OGC audio; Galician or Spanish subtitles embedded.
25. Once being chosen, the responsible for the audiovisual work must send a file with a EPK (Electronic Press Kit) including:
• Teaser for promotional purposes
• Advertising poster and three frames or photographs (300 PPI) representing the work
• Synopsis written in Galician, Spanish or Portuguese
• A director's photograph with the characteristics mentioned above
• Director's biography
• List of film awards
• Website and links to social networks
• Age rating
26. By submitting a short film and thus agreeing to these terms and conditions, the owners of the short films grant the organisation permission to exhibit the short film (with exclusively cultural, non-commercial purposes at all times) as part of the different special activities they may organise.
27. Each section will have a different jury that will select the winners of each section:
The main jury will be composed of professionals from the cultural and
audiovisual industry, as well as a representative of the organisation. After having
received a preselection made by the organisation, the members of this jury will
choose the best short film in the Official Section and in the Animation Section.
The environmental jury will be composed of members of
Galician environmental groups. After having received a preselection made by the
organisation, the members of this jury will choose the best short film in the
The young jury will be composed of IES Poio students between 15
and 17 years old. After having received a preselection made by the organisation, the
members of this jury will choose the best videoclip.
After each session, the festival participants will be able to vote
the films screened. There will be a voting booth on the way out of the projection
room. The best film according to the public will be granted a Silver Anchor.
28. The juries may declare that the prizes will not be awarded and have the right to decide on any matter not explicitly covered in these terms and conditions.
GOLDEN ANCHOR (BEST SHORT FILM):
Golden Anchor trophy + 1,000 €
SILVER ANCHOR (AUDIENCE AWARD):
Silver Anchor trophy + 500 €
BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM:
Anchor trophy + 500 €
BEST ENVIRONMENTAL SHORT FILM:
Anchor trophy + 500 €
Anchor trophy + 300 €
29. Awards are subject to the taxes and regulations established under Spanish law.
30. The members of the organisation cannot submit any short film to the competition.
31. It is not compulsory for the authors of the awarded short films to attend the Awards
Ceremony, which will be held on 18 November 2017. Nonetheless, applicants are
required to submit an acceptance speech video along with the short film when
registering for the official, animation and environmental sections.
32. Award trophies are sculptural pieces created for the Festival.
COMMUNICATION AND EXHIBITION RIGHTS
33. The organisation reserves the right to use some extracts of the chosen short films for promotional purposes (frames, posters, etc.), which may be shown when
promoting the Festival (programme, posters, social media,press releases, etc.).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
34. The organisation assumes that the applicants own the rights to the films that they submit and the right to grant all of the authorisations, rights and licenses. Under no circumstances will the organisation be liable in any way for any violations that may result from the ownership of the films in any case.
35. By submitting a film to the Festival, the applicant authorises the organisation to exhibit the film during the festival run. The individual or company submitting the film warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
36. The organisation reserves the right to cancel, modify or suspend the programme of the Festival at any time.
37. Participation in the IV Curtas Armadiña Short Festival constitutes acceptance of
these terms and conditions.