CCMA OFFERS 90 % DISCOUNT ON ALL SUBMISSIONS
USE CODE : CCMASPCL90OFF
Limited Period Special Offer!!
Welcome to CCMA!
We, the Cult Critic Movie Awards™ (CCMA), are an ISO 9001:2015 Certified, Organization based in Kolkata, India. Being an IMDb-qualifier INTERNATIONAL LIVE SCREENING FILM FESTIVAL, we also publish a leading international film magazine titled CULT CRITIC™, which publishes reviews about the latest films across the world, interviews with filmmakers and news from the film industry. At the end of each month/season, we hold live screenings in the auditorium of HLC Studios in Kolkata.
We select around 20 films for each category and at least one per category is awarded. This can be linked to your profiles and press kits for reference for future producers, investors and distribution houses. Our monthly winners are automatically nominated for the prestigious JEAN LUC GODARD AWARD which is awarded to the top films at the end of each year.
We have over 50 categories in which we accept a wide range of films, screenplays and more! Every person is allowed to submit to multiple categories, which enables them to win multiple awards! For any questions (before or after submission), please do not hesitate to mail us.
As we support independent filmmakers by awarding, reviewing and exhibiting their films, we try presenting them before the top players of the competitive film industry for an advantageous start. We also strive to build long lasting relationships with all our nominees as we regularly follow their work, share it on our pages and refer them to established media and film companies with whom we have partnerships.
Our monthly winners can subscribe to the prestigious Cult Critic Movie Awards trophies!
In addition to everything listed above, we also publish the GOLDEN COLLECTION OF CULT CLASSICS annually, an encyclopedia of the best films of each year, in print, and this is circulated across the best and most reputed academic and film institutions over the world. The director’s name is also listed in our CULT CRITIC: HALL OF FAME DIRECTORS GALLERY in which we record the names of those independent filmmakers who have made great contributions, worthy of being recorded forever, in the field of motion pictures.
The Cult Critic Movie Awards™ accepts works of all lengths, genres, dates of completion, and countries of origin. Films should have no premiere requirements or screening restrictions and may be released or unreleased. Screenplays have no prior distribution restrictions and may be produced or unproduced.
Awards & Prizes
All projects that are officially selected in each month receive the CCMA laurel and certificate and are rated on their IMDb pages (if applicable). All monthly Award Winners receive the CCMA laurel and customized certificate. They can also subscribe to the prestigious Cult Critic Movie Awards trophies.
Most representatives of monthly award winners are screened in Kolkata and reviewed by a CULT CRITIC film magazine. These reviews are shared on each film's IMDb page (if applicable). Besides MAIN AWARDS, there are also OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS in the different categories.
Each year we select the Best of the Best (from the pool of all award winners from all categories) and the CULT CRITIC’s prestigious JEAN LUC GODARD AWARD™ is awarded to them .
Rules & Terms
Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the Cult Critic Movie Awards™, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
CCMA is open to any film completed after January 1, 2010, regardless of content, subject, or origin. Submitting your film to the CCMA is not a guarantee of selection.
All the official selections, nominees and winners will be listed on our website permanently. All the winning films will receive a trophy, laurel and certificate. Please note that we do not offer application fee waivers. We treat every filmmaker equally.
1. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles otherwise they will be summarily rejected.
2. The film submitted to the CCMA for a particular month can be re-submitted at any time for a second chance, considering that we have different judges' panels for each season.
3. A director/producer may submit more than one film in a category and more than one category at a time.
4. The CCMA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival within India only. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, understands and accepts these requirements, and rules and regulations.
5. The CCMA reserves the right to refuse entries.
6. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the CCMA, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
7. The CCMA will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the CCMA programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
8. After a film has received official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status doesn’t mean that your film will be screened at the festival. It means that your film has been appreciated by our judges on the panel and you can use the festival logo on your poster.
9. A nominee will be privately screened for the CCMA judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
10. “Best” films of each category will receive a laurel & certificate.
11. A filmmaker’s submission fee will not be reimbursed if they decide to withdraw their submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
12. We require an official trailer or poster, synopsis and a link to your film. Please select the correct category while submitting to avoid disqualification. We reserve the right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
13. CCMA may without advance notice amend these Rules & Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates on these Rules & Terms.
All filmmakers (hereinafter referred to as ‘they’ and ‘their’) understand and accept the following:
1. THAT if their film is accepted for screening at the film festival/s, they grant unrestricted permission for CCMA to screen the film/video at any time decided by the organizers.
2. THAT the organizers may charge an admission fee for the presentation of the digital video program.
3. THAT even though all the presented film/videos do win a CULT CRITIC MOVIE AWARDS from the festival, CCMA only screens winners.
4. THAT they do not participate in receiving any funds from the box-office collections which the organizer uses to meet the organization's expenses.
The filmmaker hereby agrees to:
1. RELEASE the festival (CCMA) and its organizers from any and all liability for physical damages or destruction of the entered DCP.
2. UNDERSTAND that the entered DCP will be kept securely by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production.
3. UNDERSTAND that the festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
4. ACCEPT that the organizers will do everything possible to present the video in the highest quality but the festival (CCMA) and its organizers are not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening.
5. UNDERSTAND that the organizers use Professional Pioneer International playback systems which support all formats, all regions, including Region 0.
6. ACCEPT that even though all entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public exhibition to ensure that the DCP performs according to industry standards, the Festival (CCMA) and its organizers assume no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this video at the actual event.
7. UNDERSTAND that the Film Festival (CCMA) and its organizers reserve the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and even not screen the film under compelling circumstances, despite being selected for screening.
8. ACCEPT that they will endeavor to present to the Festival (CCMA) and its organizers a new and pre-checked hard disk / DCP for the actual presentation of the video at the festival.