CLIPPED is Australia’s premiere Music Video Festival which is returning for it's 3rd year in 2018. It will take place as part of Vivid Sydney on Saturday 2nd June at CARRIAGEWORKS and showcase work from around the world, with a particular focus on Australian & New Zealand Filmmakers.
CLIPPED continues to pioneer a unique festival format that includes the screening of high caliber music videos in an exhibition, award ceremonies / screening nights, premieres, VJs and even exclusive workshops. It will also host a number of discussion panels featuring a diverse lineup of acclaimed directors, filmmakers, music industry and artists.
Filmmakers & Artists are encouraged to submit their best music videos to be considered for the awards, prizes (to be announced soon) and opportunity to be showcased at the event in front of key industry personnel.
CLIPPED does not believe in charging music video creators exploitative fees for submitting their work. It's already a tough industry full of passionate people, many which are working on little budgets and therefore we're trying to offer up affordable opportunities for filmmakers to showcase their work. All of the funds go into making the event happen.
Trophies / Awards are given to all winners. Prizes are listed in full on our website Program page at : CLIPPEDFESTIVAL.COM
Please like our pages:
Main Rules :
• Official Music Videos released from Jan 2018 onwards are eligible only
• Artists can submit on behalf of filmmakers (with permission)
• Early Bird Deadline is 30th December 2018 ($10 USD entry)
• Primary Deadline is 15th April 2018 ($15 USD entry)
• Late Deadline is 5th May 2019 ($50 USD entry)
Terms & Conditions :
2. Entrants may submit as many works as they wish and must be authorised or gain permission from all relevant parties, involved or responsible for the creation of each video. This is the entrants responsibility to gain these permissions.
3. After submitting a work it becomes eligible to win prizes for a number of award categories relating to aspects of video production, creativity and location. Any of these categories or prize offerings can change or be removed at any time at the discretion of the organisers.
4. CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL is open to a broad range of work that has been completed or delivered to the artist or other client between 1st January 2018 and 1st May 2019 and those entering their videos warrant that each video entered was completed and delivered between those dates.
5. In order to enter you must complete the submission form through FILMFREEWAY and listen out for further instructions in case you are selected.
6. Entrant/s who submit work commit that they are authorised to do so and acknowledge that they have obtained all relevant rights and written permission from individuals featured in the entry.
7. CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL gives artists, filmmakers, labels and managers the opportunity to submit a non-released music video for consideration of Live Premiere (online release can follow as per usual post-event) at CLIPPED 2019. If successful this requires either filmmaker and/or artist to be available in person at the event for Q+A.
8. CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL nor any of the organisers will accept responsibility for any technical computer, network, hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. incomplete entries, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions, will be disqualified and will not be counted.
9. Judging duties will be allocated by the organisers to either or a combination of the following: industry professionals, record label executives, commissioners, individuals, sponsors, filmmakers, musicians and even artists. CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL reserves the right to change the format of judging in any way they wish, at any time over due course, whilst striving to recognise the most talented filmmakers and high calibre work.
10. All judging decisions shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. All entrants warrant that their entry does not infringe the laws of Australia.
12. By submitting entrants agree that any music video they submit may be used by CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL, its agents and the judges for the purposes of judging the awards and may be viewed at the ceremony without further remuneration.
13. When submitting a work, all entrants acknowledge that their entry is an original piece of work which has been commissioned either directly by the rights holders (artist, label, management or other representative of these), or created for a competition authorised by the rights holders, and does not infringe any third party rights.
14. Final Winners will be announced and receive their awards at either one of the award ceremonies in Sydney on the Saturday 1st June 2019. Anyone who wins and is not there to collect will be able to engage in dialogue for those to be sent in the mail. CLIPPED reserves the right to change the event date if they choose.
15. All entrants shall indemnify the promoter and its agents against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the promoter arising out of or in connection with any breach of the warranties in clauses 11, 13, and 6 of these terms and conditions.
16. Except in the case of personal injury or death arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL and its associated companies, organisers and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from: a. Changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize; b. Postponement or cancellation of the event; c. Any error or omission by the organisers; and d. Any act or default of any third party supplier, which are beyond the organiser’s reasonable control.
17. By submitting a music video entrants agree that their image, name and likeness may be used by the organisers for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL without additional remuneration.
18. CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s, personal details for the purpose of administering this awards.
19. Our organisers may also use the details you give to contact you about their products and services. By entering work in this festival you are indicating your agreement to this unless you tell thepromoter otherwise.
20. The event and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law. You agree that the courts of Australia shall exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL.
21. CLIPPED MUSIC VIDEO FESTIVAL reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any point.
22. The primary organiser is Samuel Bright using the ABN 94978265501