Since 1996, Cine Gear Expo has served film and video industry professionals by providing them the opportunity to see the newest, cutting-edge equipment; to learn about new production services; and, network with peers all within a professional and comfortable studio environment. Cine Gear Expo is an acclaimed and well attended occasion attracting over 16,000 professionals from more than 60 countries each June in Hollywood, California.
As we prepare for our 24th year, we welcome filmmakers to submit their projects to our Film Series. Categories include Commercials/Music Videos, Independent Short Films, and Student Films.
This Film Series Competition is a great way to gain recognition and take home amazing prizes. All finalists will be invited to the VIP Party and awards ceremony. For the chance to showcase your work to an audience of industry professionals with finalists screened in a state of the art theater on the Paramount Studio Lot in Hollywood, California, submit your film today.
Prize packages are granted to the winners of each category, featuring thousands in production prizes. Prize sponsors include: Black Magic, Mole-Richardson, ARRI, Cushlight, Lightgear, Chapman/Leonard, IDX, Infinity Photo-Optical, Kingston Technology, Lindsey Optics, Magic Gadgets, Profound by Jillite, Quasar Science, Secure Data, Sennheiser, TV Logic, AutoDCP, InkTip, and more.
For Student Competition Only:
• You must be a registered student in order to submit your film/video and you must send a copy of your current Student ID card or proof of current registration. No Exceptions.
• If you are recently graduated (i.e., you graduated 2 years or less prior to screening) you must have been a student when the film was made.
• Students who began their project in school and have graduated but have not completed their project, must have completed the film within 6 months of graduation. Proof of registration or student ID required.
For All Categories:
• The applicable entry fee is nonrefundable. We accept Visa, Master Card, money order, personal check. Make checks payable to Cine Gear Expo, Inc.
• Preview DVDs will not be returned. Do not send your master copy until you are notified.
• If your film is ACCEPTED to the festival and it is a DVD, the format must be NTSC.
• Preview cassettes should be labeled with the title, running-time, screening format, contact information (name, address and phone number), and competition category.
• Cine Gear Expo is permitted to retain DVD copies of each film selected as part of our festival library and for local media educational use only.
• More than one entry can be submitted. Each entry must have an Official Entry Form (photocopy accepted) and entry fee.
• The entrant will be responsible for ALL SHIPPING FEES.
• All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
• If your film is selected, you will be asked to provide: B&W and color stills from the film; press materials; video trailer and digitized trailer for website (if available) posters and flyers.
• If your film is selected, original format prints or video format tape will be due at the Cine Gear offices no later than April 19, 2019.
• The filmmaker will assume shipping costs of materials and print to Film
Series at Cine Gear Expo.
• Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English
• The selection committees’ and juries’ decisions are final.
• Title of work and name of entrant must be on all mailing labels. DVD boxes
must be numbered (1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc,).
Cine Gear Expo, Inc. reserves the right to make any necessary changes in
regulations or Film Series scheduling.