During our free submission. Do not submit in few categories during our free promotion.
You are allow only one film per Director.
4rd Central American Short Film Festival / CINECAFEST based in Miami, Florida that features short films from Central American and from around the world.
Last year, we received 349 films from around the World from 55 countries.
Our goal is to promote and recognized our filmmakers.
MEXICO, GUATEMALA, EL SALVADOR, HONDURAS, NICARAGUA, COSTA RICA, PANAMA and from around the World. We witnessed so much talent in Central American and it’s a growing movement that deserves a venue dedicated to their exhibition that needs to be appreciated and recognized. Our mission is to present those films in Miami quality films from Central American and from around the world as well as support, recognized and honor Central American filmmakers with films created under 20 minutes. We had received thousands of films from Central America and from around the world. Everyone is welcome.
We grant certificates to the winners. Certificates will be sent digitally.
Our President and Founder Cesar Ricardo Nunez, a multi-Emmy Award winner is from Central America and as filmmakers and director, he knows that importance that been recognized. Since 2007 had the idea to launch CINECAFEST, The first Central American Short Film Festival and he did. He witnesses the huge talent that Central American film community demonstrated in the past years. He helped as a judge in many festivals in Central American and realized how importance is our countries to show the world that we also had something special to offer.
“We are the first film festival created in the United States for Central American by Central American. This is our third year producing this Film Festival.
Our goal is to promote the best of the best of the Central American filmmakers. We are creating a great movement and showcase the best of the best the Central American Filmmakers. Miami is the perfect location to showcases the best of our films because of the Central American community and now we are showing to the world the Central American have a lot of talents. This is a great opportunity for all the filmmakers in Central American and from around the world. The whole idea is to demonstrate the best of the best of our own countries. “ Cesar R. Nunez.
CINECAFEST TM / Central American Short Film Festival TM
CINECAFEST partnership with Film Miami Fest and Widescreenfest.
The first festival of Central Cinema in the United States created by the multiple winners of Emmys Cesar Ricardo Nunez Peralta and president of Film Miami Fest made the announcement of the three films winners of the first film festival Central CINECAFEST / Central American Short Film Festival in the city of Miami on December 1, 2018. The movies were part of the exhibition of short films from Film Miami Fest.
Winners considered for Award nominations the following awards will be presented:
Best Music Video
Best Short Mexico
Best Short Guatemala
Best Short El Salvador
Best Short Honduras
Best Short Nicaragua
Best Short Costa Rica
Best Short Panama
Best Religious Short
Best Experimental Short
www.filmmiamifest.com / cinecafest.
All Certificates will be digitally.
Must be Central American Short Films
The short can be created in Central America or any part of the world but must be Central American topic, director, actors, etc.
Time from 5-20 minutes.
Subtitles in English
FREE ENTRY checks the dates.
Rules & Terms
CINECAFEST / Central American Short Film Festival.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that CINECAFEST Central American Short Film Festival and its employees, or agents have the right to present my film and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of showcase and promote the CINECAFEST Central American Short Film Festival. I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary.
I do hereby release to CINECAFEST Central American Short Film Festival, its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately. I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for showcasing the film, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.
1. Short films must be under 20 minutes
2. Please fill out the online form and sign it. PDF CINECAFEST / Central American Short Film
3. Must be related to Central American or a topic related to them or the directors, producers, actors etc are from Central American.
4. Films must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2009
5. All non-English films must have English sub-titles
6. The film must be submitted electronically by FilmFreeway system.
7. We will only consider works wit a maximum running time of 20 minutes or less. There is no minimum running time.
8. Works in progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior the Festival.
9. You will be notified of acceptance by or before
10. All films selected for the Festival grant CINECAFEST Central American Short Film Festival the rights to use them for promotional purposes.
11. CINECAFEST is permitted to retain copies of each film selected a part of our library and for media educational use or CINECAFEST event true out the year.
12. All films selected grant CINECAFEST Central American Short Film Festival the rights to use them for promotional purposes.
13. CINECAFEST CENTRAL AMERICAN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL is permitted to retain copies of each film selected
14. Film selection for the Festival will be made by the Festival Committee.
15. We are giving to all the winners free certificates. We must have the right address information After you win , you will have only two weeks to claim your certificate and make any correction on your address or the name on the certificate to receive your certificate with free shipping. If any winner don't claim or don't give the right information after two weeks of the final ceremony. We will send you to all the winners all the cerfificates by email in a digital format.
16. All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.