- ABOUT THE CERES FOOD FILM FESTIVAL -
Now entering its 8th season, Ceres is an annual film festival dedicated to increasing awareness of food security issues globally and nationwide. In partnership with New York University's Department of Nutrition and Food Studies, we will be hosting screenings and panels in NYC.
Ceres is looking for diverse, innovative and creative responses to food insecurity, food quality, and food waste. We want films that inspire and engage audiences.
In particular, Ceres is seeking short and feature films that do so creatively, artistically, and critically and explore political and social structures in place that need to be challenged. It is also important that the films are accessible to the online audience and have a high degree of technical excellence.
We are eager to see your point of view on the daily conditions and obstacles people face in accessing sufficient and nutritious food for themselves and their families. Let’s bring this discussion to the breakfast table by:
• Encouraging conversation through striking stories and visuals that demand to be shared
• Inspiring individuals who have first hand experience of food insecurity to speak out about their struggles
• Showcasing works by socially conscious filmmakers
We are pleased to offer financial awards to winning filmmakers.
1. Films must be between 1-40 minutes to qualify as shorts. Films over 40 minutes will qualify for the feature length category.
2. Films must have been shot no earlier than January 2021.
3. Please read Terms and Conditions available on the website, ceresfilmfestival.org
4. When you submit your film to CFFF, you are granting CFFF a non-exclusive license to screen your film to the public online as well as at other events we organize, such as schools screenings, conferences and fundraisers. There are no restrictions on your ability to submit your work to any other festival or to do anything else with the film. You retain absolute ownership of your film.
5. This festival is open to participants of all ages
6. Films that feature content including racist, pornographic, defamatory, obscene, hateful behavior or other acts or thematic material considered to be both extreme and gratuitous will not be considered.
If you have any questions about our terms and conditions, submission process or selection criteria, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org