Our purpose is to enable a cross pollination of artistic genres that inspire a network of creativity, stimulate unexpected connections and celebrate artistic vision. By bringing together artists, industry professionals, visionaries, investors and patrons of all ages for a 3-day annual event.
The event is promoted by the Sealy Main Street Program with an inaugural event planned for the Spring of 2022. Sealy Main Street Volunteers are proud to embrace the arts through this annual fundraising event.
We are seeking diverse films, music videos, artwork, photography, bands, dance teams, chefs and TikToc's that spark the imagination, engage the emotions and entertain patrons from all ages. Through FilmFreeway you can submit your art, short films, documentaries, features, animation, music videos, photography and student films from all over the world that have the pioneer spirit of cinematography and filmmaking.
Live screenings will be held at the historic Texas Theatre and the San Felipe Historic Museum. Don't miss this chance to showcase your hard work and collaborate with other artists from across the State of Texas and beyond!! Come to Sealy Texas and let your hard work shimmer!!
The event will benefit:
1. Artists of all types and genres, connecting them with an audience and social media following. Inspiring creation through exhibition, healthy competition, demonstration and interactive presentations. Bringing imagination to life.
2. The Sealy Main Street Program as an annual fundraiser to sustain an economically vital historic downtown. Supporting small, independent businesses. Revitalizing and preserving important local historic assets and local quality of life.
3. Educational or Artistic foundations to fundraise, promote and support the arts within the community. Students can submit their artistic creations for auction and/or competitions with an opportunity to obtain scholarships or monetary awards towards their future.
4. Tourism in the City of Sealy and Austin County with an annual event that draws people to the area, enabling local shops, area businesses and artisans to supply and market their products to a wide audience.
5. Renew and revive our small town by building passion towards revitalization through small artistic projects each year as a buildup to the annual event. Cleaning up and beautifying local grounds, signs, buildings, parks and more.
Filmmakers and artists whose art, film, music video, photography or tiktok are chosen for live screenings and competition finals will have the option to attend all three days of screenings and other artistic events culminating in an awards ceremony. Nomination clips and artwork will be used for a greeting ceremony and/or the awards ceremony.
Awards and Categories are still being determined. Categories could include:
Best of BOTA Fest
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Flash Mob
Best Culinary Delight
Best Music Video
Best Dance Video
Best International Film
Best Texas Film
Open to the public and the world. We will accept art, films, music videos, photography and tiktok videos from anyone that can create a good quality film or artistic production. All submissions must either be in English or have English subtitles. All films, music videos or tiktok videos must be submitted through FilmFreeway to be eligible. Submitters must have full rights to submit their film or production. BOTA Sealy retains the rights to use all or part of your submission to advertise the festival on social media as well as in local media venues.
All films or productions must have all music, image and video clearances completed by the filmmaker(s) or the submitter. Once submitted, there are no refunds. We do not accept works in progress. Final cuts only for competition. Works in progress could be selected for panel discussion. Any film, production or art submitted will be judged "as is".
All non competition submissions will require attendance for panel discussions.
Students - only one film or production - multiple submissions are not permitted (unless it is a non competition submittal). Please choose your best work and submit a scanned copy of your student ID or a letter indicating the name of your school, college or university. If you do not include the required information with your submission, it will be rejected. You can send this to info@sealyBOTA.com