Big Sound International Film Festival is one of the ONLY festivals in 2020 that stayed committed to live screenings and managed to host a live event with health screenings and social distancing measures in place. It was a great success and we are thrilled to invite you join us for our second year this coming June 4th, 5th & 6th, 2021.
Our festival is an annual three-day event that intertwines the spell-binding nature of Georgian Bay with the sophisticated talent of international filmmakers, to create an unforgettable cinematic experience, and a festival for films and filmmakers to advance, and be recognized.
Held at the world renowned The Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts in Parry Sound, Canada, the venue overlooks Lake Huron, where filmmakers will enjoy live screenings inside our state of the art theatre that draws audiences from around the globe.
Organized by filmmakers with filmmakers in mind, Big Sound creates an atmosphere of collaboration on new and existing projects with like-minded artists, entrepreneurs and experts from all areas of the film industry. It is a networking event with patio parties overlooking the water at sunset, on a lake that is a rare jewel of freshwater beauty. Let blue skies, and evening starlight soothe you while you build a network that can last a lifetime.
Parry Sound is a growing hub for film production that has drawn International investment and acclaim, and a place where our economic interests intend to invest further into film.
Join us for three days of celebration, inspiration and collaboration where creativity thrives, and talent turns vision into reality.
Thank you to all submitters and good luck to all! We can hardly wait to meet you.
Big Sound Awards
The Big Sound Awards recognize the best of international, Canadian and independent cinema by honouring excellence in Storytelling in the following categories.
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best International Documentary
Best Int'l Documentary Short
Best Canadian Film
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best Conservation Film
Best Animated Film
Awards will be presented to winners during an awards ceremony at the festival and laurels to be awarded upon selection.
Rules & Terms:
1. Films are to be submitted through an online link in high definition.
2. Foreign language films must be subtitled in English
3. You must own or be transferred in writing the rights to any material you submit to the festival.
4. Big Sound International Film Festival can use parts of your film including trailer, teaser, and film poster for promotional purposes.
5. Works in progress are not accepted.
6. Multiple entries are accepted. You can submit more than one film to the same category, keeping in mind an entry fee must be paid for each one.
7. We may transfer a film to a different category, if the appropriate submission fee has been paid.
8. Short films are up to 40 minutes, including credits.
9. Filmmakers will be notified once an official selection, and winner has been determined. Not all films will be screened at the festival.
10. Winners will be presented with their awards during the BIFF Awards Ceremony, which will take place at the festival in June 2020.
And finally... Big Sound International Film Festival will review films in their entirety. Films will be watched and reviewed by members of the Selection Committee; a professional group of filmmakers, and industry experts.
By submitting you agree to our terms and conditions and give us permission to use your email address for communication regarding the festival and event marketing purposes.
One Last Thing. WAY TO GO FOR MAKING SUCH AN AWESOME FILM! You've got this.